Technical Punto 75SX (Mk1) problems, plz help!

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 75SX (Mk1) problems, plz help!

Almost certainly your cambelt has jumped a notched, it comes up here so often I'm surprised you didn't look at that first.
Tony.

Oh yeez.. couldnt never even guess that it had something to do with the cambelt..
Mabey have to remove the platic cover & take a peek..

Thanks 4 the tip (y)

(Can that be seen somehow if a diagnostics of the fault code's is made?)

Cheers

Godmorning, WoW it was chilly outside this morning but now i've been to my Fiat Workshop to get the default code's read..

Really disappointed over that workshop.. (n) seemed that they havent had any morning-coffe or something.. because he thought i had my "Engine Fault" lamp turned on and that my Airbag lamp is also on..

But that wasnt the case..
I wanted to know if they can read out something about why my car comsumes huge amount of petrol..

So here are the results:

*Control Unit Power Supply - Value too low
*Connect. betw Failure w. lamp and Ecu - O.C.

..would be great if anyone could "translate" that for me (y)

Few pointers from the mechanic of my high consumption:

*Timingbelt adjustment
*Valve adjustment
*Leak in Head Gasket
*Spark plugs
*Termostat
*Make a compression test of each cylinder

(Dont know if it was worth 46,61 GBP) ..after calculating from SEK!

Any ideas or thoughts ?

Regards\K

My money's still on the cambelt/timing belt, and it only takes 10 mins to check it.
Undo the bolts around top of belt cover. Ease top of cover away.
Line up mark on top sprocket with aluminium horizontal bar on head.
Using a torch and mirror look through hole in top of bellhousing and confirm that the pointer is opposite the 0 deg mark.

I have been wrong before.... I called heads and it came down tails.
Tony.

I understod everything except the part:

"Using a torch and mirror look through hole in top of bellhousing and confirm that the pointer is opposite the 0 deg mark."

Torch..aint that something that u use to burn stuff with? Bellhousing..hmm, tricky one also..

im not english, so thats why i have to ask :)

In USA they call a torch a flash light. But we use a torch to see by and a flash light to send signals. This time, the English term is more logical.

Its gone quiet here, did you sort the problem?.
Tony.

Hey Tony!

Nice of u to follow up my prob..
A short update since my last post..

I orderd a watertemp.sensor simpsonsupplies.co.uk (cuz it was cheapest incl. shipping) But seems like those bastards ripped me off because i ordered 9th January..and havent recvied anything yet (n)

So i called Fiat today and ordered a temp.sensor
I also have bought a new Bosch lambda sensor (will change it after my engine temp goes back to normal, dont want to mess it up cuz they arent cheap)

I´ve also booked a service @ Fiat 16th February so they will take a peak with more experienced eyes over my problem..

I found a REALLY intresting article about simular problem that seems to be a common problem on the 1.2L 8 Valve Punto´s.. (30000-50000 miles)

...and Its called a leaking headgasket :cry: Cause the Fiat OEM quality seems to be really poor according to other Punto owners i found out

Quote: "This is the common problem with all 1.2 8 vavle engines. Usually blows on 1 or 4 and usually pits head"

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-forums.showdiscussion/thread_id-5980/54028481.html

So im trying to look if if its hard or really hard to change it by myself..
Got the Haynes book for my Punto..

Take care\ Kalev

Hey ya´ll!

All those who has followed up this thread might get an answer today just like me, cuz i just leaft my Punto at Fiat Workshop @ 10 am (Swe. time)

He assumed it will be ready at 17.pm tonight..
Feels like christmas eve when waiting for santa to drop down from the chimny with a bag full o goodies *LoL*

(Hope the cost wont feel like a kick in the nut-sack dough)

Will update later on!

Take care!

Hi!

Got a phonecall from my local Fiat Workshop that my car is ready to roll..

My heat issue with the low engine temperature & super high fuel consumption depended on the thermostat.. even though i replaced it 2 times, 1st one was a Whaler (3105.87D) and the second time a Fiat OEM (7589135)

After the mechanic took a peek he discovered that it was the wrong one..

So.. got a new thermostat, new sparkplugs and voila :)

My lambda signal was also "strange" he told, so im gonna change it my self when i get my car back..

Its has sat there for 11 years now, and the rich mix of pertol have probleby turned it almost black also..

Hope it isnt a hell to get it loose..

Steel brush, some WD-40, and a 21mm ring spanner & run the mainfold pipe warm right?

Cheers

Back