i have just replaced the following
head gasket (new)
head skimmed
head bolts (new)
water pump (new)
thermostat (new)
cambelt (new)
tensioner(new)

ive had it running fires up straight away ticksover no problems but when you accelerate it is very flat through the rev range as if no power and it is getting very warm again over 3/4 and then i switch it off before the head goes again please please help as ive been on this for three days now:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :cry:

timing was out by a tooth but now that is fixed and ok i connected everything up i didnt disconnect that much coz i just unbolted the inlet as a complete unit i havent changed the oil, or filter new oil in just before it broke down also i have took the cat off to see if it was blocked but i could see through it

the oil will be all ****ted up, from when gasket was gone and from when you cleaned the top of the block, (you did clean the top of the block?) did you put all the shims n buckets in exackly the same place they came out?

when it broke down my sister was driving it i dont know how it broke but when the rac came he said there was little compression on number one cylinder so it was towed home and i put a new gasket on but didnt skim the head just got another off a working engine but it wouldnt run properly so i left it alone and now six months later ive just done it but skimmed the head and replaced all them bits i cleaned the top of the block i dont get what you mean by way of buckets and shims the engine shop dismantled the head and built it back up again could the timing still be out a fraction and cause it not to rev freely

yeah i thought it was an air lock and ive bled the system and it still gets hot which led me to believe the cat could be blocked and not getting rid of enough gases but i can see through it but not a very big hole could it be an air leak perhaps

Back