Technical Punto 75 TB - SPI???

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 75 TB - SPI???

RuiG

Now this is a mistery...

I think I've read pretty much everything in this forum about TB conversions for the Cento Sporting (FAQS, threads like this one https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-technical/159623-new-tb.html, etc, etc...) and my visit today to a car breaking center just got me a surprise.

On my hands I had let's say 12 or so Punto 75 MPI TBs (all 38mm) but on one Punto 75, still wayting to be stripped, there was an SPI TB (I checked the injector connections). According to the guy that worked there and dismantles the cars, earlier models of the Punto 75 had SPI. Is this true? What size is the TB? 38mm too?

I didn't bring it home with me because it was missing the iddle adjustment thing (not sure what it is but it's on the side) and I wasn't sure it could be matched to something else.

Any experts on this one?

Last edited:
idle adjustment thingy is the Idle Control Valve (stepper motor) ICV.

Never heard of an SPI P75, i would say he was wrong. And if you were looking at an SPI motor in a P75 shell then it's not the engine it was built with.

Hummm... well... it was a 1.2 engine... side of the car had all the 75 logos... but yet, as the guy there said... the TB was SPI. I "eye" checked for the injectors and it wasn't the same as another 75 that was close to it.

I'll try to take some pics of it in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Back