Punto 75 Engine £125

Currently reading:
Punto 75 Engine £125

Could be a bargain that engine, though would need to know the mileage before jumping in. Also, I'd want to know for sure it is a 75 engine and not a 60. The seller needs to confirm that the intake manifold has four yellow injectors on it for proof ;)

Punto 75 engine in my mk1 Uno? :chin: :devil:

CinquePunto said:
well the manifold is a 75 one (4-2) the 55 and 60 had a 4-1

I didn't know the exhaust manifolds were different between the 75 & 60? It looks exactly the same as the one on my 999cc Uno (4 - 2), then the downpipe goes 2 - 1!

I'd still want to see the intake manifold with MPI injectors to be sure ;)

By the way, nice find Skinz! 75 engines are like rocking horse poo :bang:

well the head on a 75 is different to a 60, and so is the inlet and exhaust manifold, as said, 75's go 4-2. eventually to a 1 before the cat,
60's go 4-1-flex-1 before cat.

unless its got an ecu, engine wiring harness (only very small), lockset inc that little black box under dash, and you knew something about the history, I wouldn't bother, as even if the engine was in good nick, it would cost a fortune to fit a 3rd party ecu and map it etc.

faster4_tec said:

unless its got an ecu, engine wiring harness (only very small), lockset inc that little black box under dash, and you knew something about the history, I wouldn't bother, as even if the engine was in good nick, it would cost a fortune to fit a 3rd party ecu and map it etc.

or use the bottom end, and camshaft plus an SPI (55 or 60) head to make a nice SPI 1242 with a few extra ponies. Head will be swapped over, so you can inspect pistons etc whilst its in bits.

Back