General punto 75 elx

Currently reading:
General punto 75 elx

whats the diffrence between a 60 and 75, are all 75's 16v?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newsiggypic.jpg

smooth binki, digging binki, waiting for headrub binki, running binki,

the main important difference is the 60 has a spi injection system and 75 has a mpi injection system, both are 8v.

are you checking out that 75 with the broken cambelt on ebay ;)
-=[uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!]=-
-=[fiat tech for what it's worth.]=-

thanks does that make them more to insure?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newsiggypic.jpg

55 = IG 3
60 = IG 4
75 = IG 5

IIRC.

thanks

newsiggypic.jpg

60 and 75 blocks are identical.
Heads are VERY different- Inlet stud spacings on the 75 will not fit a 60 inlet manifold!

(I know, because Ive tried!!)

But a Punto 60 could be made into a 75 without too much hassle (other than wiring , ECU, injectors and that guff), and an 75 could be made into a 60!!

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq GTi 1242cc - GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
boot delock soon, Induction in development!

75 only comes in sx or ELX trim level so it has extra stuff like electric windows and sunroof, the ELX has the same dash as the GT with the center consol and rear headrests

there is an 85 - same again but 16 valver! just try and find one though!

so are all ELX's mpi's?

newsiggypic.jpg

thanks

newsiggypic.jpg

parkers say a 75 is group 6 ins

newsiggypic.jpg

oh well bought it now

newsiggypic.jpg

this 75 elx i bought had no headlights, i put some sx ones in but they have a diffrent plug on them whys this?
thanks

newsiggypic.jpg

thats what i thought, the other puntos i have have standard plug |_| <like that three holes that go stright onto h4 bulb, but the elz has a four hole flat plug
---- <like that, its only got one the others been cut off, i will cut the other off and put the normal ones on but just wondered why they are diffrent, all mk1 lights look the same from the front,

newsiggypic.jpg

I think the ELX have twin reflectors like the GT, and hence different plugs on the back. Might be the reason.

Oh and the 1.6 Sporting is 8v not 16v :p

Back