General Punto 60s cambelt & oil

Currently reading:
General Punto 60s cambelt & oil

whiggy94

Hi boys & girls! I recently bought a t reg punto 60s team. Its done 37k and was in need of a little tlc (mainly cosmetic). It drives great but the oil was in desperate need of changing. I replaced the oil and filter and air filter at the weekend and the engine sounds much quieter, but would you advise doing it again in a couple of months as it hadnt been changed fo 3yrs (20k) when i got it :eek: the oil i used was valvoline 10-40 semi synthetic as this was recommended. Is this good oil as i will buy some more and another filter for when i do it again? also when will the cambelt need replacing as i dont think its been done? and can i do it myself as i've been quoted £110 for it replacing. Thanks for your help

the more you change the oil the better just depends how much money you have to spend on oil I change mine every 3k miles half a year so i say go for it all it can do is good

valvoline is good oil I use gtx magnatec or selenia

cam belt is easy requiring very little know how there are some pictures of timing marks on the forum and it's safe engine so cant damage out if you mess up

come to my house with the parts(cambelt and tensioner) and I'll do it for a tenor

Hi littlepip, thanks for the reply. I will buy valvoline again and another filter as i'm gonna change oil again next month then i will do it every 5k. Its made such a difference already, which is hardly suprising seen as it wasnt changed for 20k :eek: As for the cambelt i will get parts and have a go myself but if i mess up i may take you up on that kind offer.:) I will let you know how it goes! thanks again.

you can buy the genuine cambelt and tensioner from ebay for about £26 delivered from desira,who is a fiat dealer in norfolk but has an ebay shop for parts.

i bought mine from him.

Back