General punto 60 team t-reg

Currently reading:
General punto 60 team t-reg

whiggy94

Hi everyone, i've just bought a 1999 punto 60 team which is need of a bit of tlc. lol, its got 37k on it and is in good condition with mot til feb 08. what i'm unsure about is can i get another blue key cut from the 1 blue i got with it? it didnt have the red key and the blue key i did get is a bit battered. :eek: it does work ok though. any advice on where to get another 1 from and roughly how much will it be? thanks

what a shame no red key on such a new example of a punto mk1

you can have your key cloned at any good key cutters

or you could get the parts needed to make the car red key and 2 blues again from a scraped car but this is allot more complicated to do it's your choice
really parts from a scrapper will be about 50 to 100 quid ebay is were I got mine from for 50 quid

if you do all you need is 1.2 engine ecu and code ecu off the same car and the red key that goes with them not blue

then buy a blank chipless red key from fiat(very cheap) and an extra blue key(£44) as you need 2 to program

then take the chip out of the donor red key and put into the blank one cut it to the cars locks as well as the other new blue key

then go thou the programming procedure

red key in turn to mar wait until code light goes out

blue key 1 in turn to mar wait until code light goes out

blue key 2 in turn to mar wait until code light goes out

red key in turn to mar wait until code light goes out

turn red key to off wait between 4 and 9 seconds

turn red key to mar code light should illuminate continuously

if so turn off and wait 30 seconds and test the blue keys

if not keep turning the red key off and on again until it does illuminate continuously

if it doesn't start the procedure again you cant go wrong really just keep trying

don't use the red key from then on to start the car as it is only intended to program the keys and start the car in emergency's ie' loss of both blue keys

so all in all a full set of keys is doable for about 200quid

if you were to have fiat replace the hole system for new would cost you 800 ish so not an option for a car costing 800 really

but if you do it the way I suggest it means who ever has the red and other blue key can no longer start your car only open it
also it will boost the value of it tremendously

if I were going to buy a punto I would beat the seller down buy 600 for not having the red key and quote him how much it would cost me to put right at fiat allot of people have done this and got a good motor very cheap and then fixed it buy there own means like I did with mine

my car only cost me 75 quid for this reasone

Last edited:
Hi littlepip, :) thanks for your reply. I think i will just have my blue key cloned for now and once i've sorted the little probs out i will maybe look for an ecu etc as you said. I was suprised that it only had the 1 battered blue key but the guy said the other blue one broke ages ago and he lost the red one years ago. I did get the car for £500 which was quite cheap as its a t reg with 37k on. Do you think this was a good buy? its got all the mot's and only had 2 owners, it just needs a bit of tlc so i'm happy as it drives great. I'm going to have a service and the cambelt replaced too, any more advice on what to check/replace will be much appreciated. Thanks :D

Here is a pic of it.

Attachments

• punto 60s.JPG
    punto 60s.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 12
Back