General punto 60 team s

Currently reading:
General punto 60 team s

johnboy1967

Looking to get a runaround and have seen a punto 60 team s 1998 s plate.It is advertised with 52k miles although no service records to validate mileage,from what i have seen on the several pictures it looks in good nick.Now wondering how much i should offer,it is mot'd for 1 year and is a 3 door model.Also wondering if this has power steering and what the intervals for timing belts are and what to look out for.All advice welcome.thanks.

hi,

dont really know, but remember its a 60s, bog basic so no power steering, just a snazzy interior pattern....

i suppose about £700-800 in excellent condition, with service history etc but that one probably £600-700, but really these are very rough prices lol

well if you buy it, change timing belt NOW lol, but if it went, it wouldnt exactly matter

not really much to look for just make it drives nicely etc, check the tyre makes, check oil condition etc.

johnboy1967 said:
from what i have seen on the several pictures it looks in good nick.

thats the funniest thing i've ever heard. are you that desperate to join the queue of people who bought a lemon on ebay. you really need to view a car, pictures dont show anything, especially the wear, damage and faults.

jug said:
thats the funniest thing i've ever heard. are you that desperate to join the queue of people who bought a lemon on ebay. you really need to view a car, pictures dont show anything, especially the wear, damage and faults.

it is an ebay car which is also advertised in the local ads.i have been in contact with the seller several times and have said that if it does not sell through ebay then i would be willing to travel and if the car is as described then i would offer the price i feel the car was worth.no blind buying here(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have a 60 S Team. TBH I wish I'd gone for an SX or higher. I paid £1200 for mine this time last year, but was on a T plate.

If you can, get the higher model - unless you want Basic (note capital B)

I have spent a fair few quid on upgrading mine, but it's given me something to do at the weekends and I have a sense of achievement for doing it.

in an S you get, manual windows, an analogue clock instead of a rev counter, an over heating light instead of a water temp gauge, HE rear lights, heated rear screen, a ventilation system that works, a stereo, front & rear windscreen washers and erm... a steering wheel! that's about it...

StoneNewt said:
in an S you get, manual windows, an analogue clock instead of a rev counter, an over heating light instead of a water temp gauge, HE rear lights, heated rear screen, a ventilation system that works, a stereo, front & rear windscreen washers and erm... a steering wheel! that's about it...

not entirely. The one he's looking at is an S Team

That has SX clocks, so has a rev counter and temp guage, digital clock in the roof panel.

what are HE rear lights?

Back