Technical punto 55

Currently reading:
Technical punto 55

trebor_snibs

i have a punto 55 m plate that seems to be running on 3 cylanders only happened tonight so i havent checked anything yet .I am looking for a logical explanation should i be looking at the colis or fuel .Anybody have any ideas or can you point me in the right direction.Its not the head gasket different symptoms from 6 months ago when i did it and i still have heat!!!.what would be the best way to check the coils.

1) check your electrics, start at sparkers, basically turn engine over (get someone else to do it) whilst you hold a plug (whilst connected to HT lead) against block, remove plug to do that, it should sparc or arc (sorry for the kayaking related pun, had to get it in somehow today) to the block nicely and evenly. do this with each cyl in turn (remove all plugs to begin with so engine won't start).

2) check all connections, get your battery checked out.

3) then fueling, seems odd to be missing on one cyl and to be fueling related.

4) compression, if you are totally stumped get a compression pressure test done for each cyldiner (this should include bottom end pressure test, basically they shove a probe in dipstick hole whilst cylinders are being pressurised, to see if pressure is leaking past piston rings, this is another common thing to go on 55's and 60's other than headgaskets (replace that aswell if you can).

Back