General Punto 55 sx - Q&A

Currently reading:
General Punto 55 sx - Q&A

SoleAngelus

Hi guys, been on the forum a while but not made many posts, so instead of makeing lots of different threads i thought i would as my questions in here.

Hope you can help (this is my first car so i dnt know much :eek:)

1. What size alloys can the 55 sx take? And wheres best to get them?
(i searched for some threads, but dont understand all the numbers associatd with selecting alloys)

2. Where abouts on the boot and body are the rear demister connectors? I had a quick look but i couldnt see them (rear demister isnt working right im fixing some tracks on the window tomorrow)

3. My interior is grey, im looking to change it, do all mk1 puntos use the same seat / doorcards? as i was looking at buying some more and swapping them out.

3. Can i fit a modchip to this model? Would it be worth it? (getting slow acceleration)

(generic question)

I have another car with a replaced wing mirror glass on the passenger side (one of those stick on jobbies) but they have used the wrong shape replacement. How hard is it to remove this and fit the new one? would i just pull it off?

Sorry for the loads of questions, but i hope you can help me out.

Loving the forum :yum::slayer:

Hiya :)

Your punto can take the same alloys as any other mk1. But since you wont have power steering, I personally wouldn't go above 15/195/45, or you will be pulled all over the road. Are you thinking of buying 2nd hand? Cos if you are buying new the shop will tell you which ones you can have.
Which wheels were you thinking of getting? or dont you know yet?

The interiors are straight swaps, but how many doors does yours have? If it is a 3 door then it can take sporting and GT...if its a 5 then the only upgrade really is the ELX 5 door, but there isn't much chance of finding one breaking tbh.

As for your mirror, it will be a case of putting on some goggles and getting a knife or screwdriver behind it. They are only held on with a strong doublesided tape, its just messy breaking them into bits to get them off....but it will be worth it, don't try to stick a new one over, cos it just wont sit right.

(demisters and chips..i dunno :eek:)

Last edited:
Thanks Missey, thanks Dave,

Missey, yeah im not sure whixh wheels im going to go for yet, but if anyone knows where to get some fairly cheap? ;)

And yeah my Sx is a 5 door, ill have a look round, im just looking for something a bit better than what i have at the moment, as i have a grey interor with multi colored threads running throught the fabric, and its a bit tatty here and there.

Back