Technical punto 2004 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Technical punto 2004 1.2 8v

Hello folks. Got a few problems which may or may not be linked. 1st is no speedo illumination. As advised previously I've checked fuses and connections. All ok. Bulbs are ok because when I connected an after market stereo the speedo lit up but did not work. 2nd . No sidelights. The control stalk is ok because it switches on the console lights and number plate light not the sidelights front or rear. They come on with the headlights and follow me home lights just jot on their own. Lastly the stereo. Display says wait but switches off after 20 minutes so I can't input a code. What do I need to connect it up to keep it on until it lets me input the code which I have requested from Davren. If I decide to replace the stereo what do I do with the thin grey wires and is it the yellow wire at the ciggie lighter that I connect to . Thanks in advance.

IIRC the stalk talks to the multi function timer units (BSI) That is what tells the dash to light up i think...

If the stereo is going off - its because the canbus (BSI) is telling it to switch off most likely

it possibly sounds like somebody in the past has spiked the ecu with attaching a 12v comsumer to the 12v Data canbus lines....

But thats my thoery, hard to prove it without specific testing equipment

Ziggy

Thanks Ziggy. Could that be what's wrong with the sidelights too and do you think a self learning ecu from eBay could be a cure all ?

Are you sure you've checked all the fuse's?
iknow it sounds daft but you can get the odd fuse that will look good by looking at it but can turn into a Ninja

id get the multi-meter out before condeming that bsi

i would pay attention to any wiring thats been hacked at by someone,look specifically for masking tape joins, twisted/cut wires or anything else that antonio didnt design in at factory

Had a mechanic check for codes and it's thrown up U1601 ( can line wiring fault ) + B1009 ( side lights lamp incorrect ). Airbag light warning lights are on but the reader could not get access to that system to check. . The sidelight bulbs are standard. Going to check fuses and wiring to airbag ecu , multi timer and earths at the weekend as suggested. Thanks again for all your help.

Back