Technical Punto 2003 banging from front ns???

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 2003 banging from front ns???

mikey220579

Can anyone please help? I have an 03 plate punto 1.2 8v that i have owned since new, it has always been serviced and looked after, recently though i tried to avoid a pot hole to no success! Since then it has been making a banging noise from front passenger wheel area. I put this down to anti roll bar bush worn/split, to which it was along with a worn shocker. I have just had both front passenger and driver shockers replaced along with both anti roll bar bushes replaced to which now the car feels more sturdy and general better driving and handling, BUT this 'mysterious' banging, though now a little less quiet, continues. The garage have looked at everything and all is fine as in tight, secure and fixed. Nothing seem to be bent and all is generally ok, but this clunking continues when going over a speeed hump etc etc. Can anyone please shed light on this as my missus is going mental at the cost the car has put upon us the past couple of months with mot, 4 new tyres, exhaust, tracking, full service and then this with shockers and anti roll bushes.....!! Please help my fellow fiaters :)

you dont mention ball joint
this might be your problem especially as its had a serious knock
please get it checked soonest it might be ready for coming out

Can anyone please help? I have an 03 plate punto 1.2 8v that i have owned since new, it has always been serviced and looked after, recently though i tried to avoid a pot hole to no success! Since then it has been making a banging noise from front passenger wheel area. I put this down to anti roll bar bush worn/split, to which it was along with a worn shocker. I have just had both front passenger and driver shockers replaced along with both anti roll bar bushes replaced to which now the car feels more sturdy and general better driving and handling, BUT this 'mysterious' banging, though now a little less quiet, continues. The garage have looked at everything and all is fine as in tight, secure and fixed. Nothing seem to be bent and all is generally ok, but this clunking continues when going over a speeed hump etc etc. Can anyone please shed light on this as my missus is going mental at the cost the car has put upon us the past couple of months with mot, 4 new tyres, exhaust, tracking, full service and then this with shockers and anti roll bushes.....!! Please help my fellow fiaters :)

4 New Tyres is lack of Tyre care and driving? But if tracking was needing to be done - it exaplains 2 tyres
Keep the pressures up - tyre's are a thing that last on these cars

is the clunking - Timed or random?

If its timed, i'd be looking at wheel and Wheel bearing/Cv
Random Could anything really

Ziggy

Ziggy, we took the car for a pre mot and had advisories on 2 front tyres but still had 6 months plus in them, and one rear tyre inner wall was a tiny bit perished but said it was of no concern until next mot as seeing as we do less than 5000 miles a year, just to save any aggro we had all 4 tyres replaced just as a cautionary thing as we are a little nit picky in keeping the car in tip top condition, start to let things slide and in turn this does result in a costly procedure, as i know as my sis has lack of interest in keeping her car to its fullest condition. Anything our car has needed has been done. We want to keep it in immaculate condition as its such a brill little car which has never broken down nor given us a hint of trouble. This banging i previously posted about has now mysteriously stopped, which got us a little concerned, so at a cost, had a major full check over at fiat, more to put our minds at rest more than anything, and all came back clear, spot on, immaculate etc etc, even the fiat dealership manager said how amazing and clean and tight and tidy our car is, he said its next to being off conveyoeur belt at factory! lol :) Which cheered us up a bit, although the other day, just topping up screen wash and checking fluids like i do every week, i accidently "dropped" the bonnet which caused the cable to jump off its release handle inside and caused a bulb to blow cause of the sudden shock, which i have been told is a common thing??? But now, both the passenger and drivers airbag lights on dash have now lit up and are permantly on. The car still drives as it should and all seems fine though the lights are becoming a little annoying, seeing as they were not on before, but are now! I have rang up dealership and they asked obvious questions like have we had a slight bump (no), has someone else drove into and nudged your car (no) etc etc, i then explained what happened and how it came about and he just said that it sounds like it needs plugging into laptop via diagnostics and having a re-set, but this will also let us know of any other, if any, hidden issues. I just hope that all is ok as the company i worked for has just gone under, my missus is taking on extra shifts, and what with the remainder of our daughters funeral to pay for and christmas just round the corner, the cost issue will be a problem now until after new year. Fingers crossed its nothing and can be re-set, meanwhile, butter fingers here will be more gentle when closing bonnet from now on. We are hoping/been talking about up grading to a slightly larger engined car seeing as we have had this punto since new, so any ideas as what is best to get would be much appreciated, got a little bored now of looking around online at dealerships sites, makes and models as there are too many for us to opt from. Thanks for replies guys. Much obliged. Cheerio for now :) MIKEY

Back