Technical Punto 2003 8v Brake Master Cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 2003 8v Brake Master Cylinder

lauzc87

Hi,

Not sure if anyone will be able to offer me any advice, but I really hope they can!!

I've taken my car to the garage and they've advised me I need a new Brake Master Cylinder, but for my 8v punto and they can only order one directly from Fiat. (They originally ordered one from their dealer, but told me it was the wrong one and for the 16v and they don't do an 'after-market' one for the 8v). They've now said it's going to cost £210 instead of £110, but I'm thinking that they've told me this because they ordered the wrong part initially and trying to pull a fast one to pay for their mistake!

I've rang a local parts dealer who said they can get me one for £75 +VAT, which would work out a lot cheaper than £210! But I just want to confirm that it will most certainly be the right one, as don't want to end up spending this and it not fitting.

Because the garage have checked over my car and supposedly spent 'hours' on it, will I now have to pay them for this time if I told them I wanted my car back? Or, would they be willing to fit the part for a fair price?

I just want to try and get my facts straight before I ring them. I'm a young women and know they'll try and pull a fast one with me as I've already had my suspicions with them. (Took it back there though because they fit my shoes, pads and disks and thought it was those playing up again).

Thank you for any help!!! :D And sorry for the essay!

Back