Technical punto 2001 no red key

Currently reading:
Technical punto 2001 no red key

stingclive33

Hi I know this problem has been aired loads of times (new member cant find how to search old threads) I only received one blue key which works great ie the doors lock when lock activated (all doors) and it starts. I would like a spare and I believe you need the red key in order to do the spare.........help

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! :wave:

A 2001 will be a mk2 punto. They do not have a red key as they use the code2 system. Your new key will need to be programmed in using Fiat Examiner.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! :wave:

A 2001 will be a mk2 punto. They do not have a red key as they use the code2 system. Your new key will need to be programmed in using Fiat Examiner.

Hope that helps,
Alan
Thanks for the welcome, if I only have the blue key where do I go to get the Fiat examiner treatment and what do I need to take with me. I am glad it doesnt need the red key as I am led to believe this is new ECU and worse. The trouble being a little knowledge is dangerous some folks just quote rumour. Thanks very much for your help

Clive

Hi no problem.

The new key can be programmed in by examiner at a fiat dealer. Be prepared though, your looking at a bit over £100 for a non remote key, or over £150 for a remote key.

If you have the key code card take that, some dealers require proof of ownership, so take the v5 and photo driving liscence just incase.

Alan

Hi Alan, I have not got the key code card but I will pop over to fiat and do as advised, many thanks for your help Clive

Back