Technical punto 1999 loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical punto 1999 loss of power

DEREKS FIAT

Hi there, this is first time on and i am wondering if someone can help me (actually my cousin in Crete) with a loss of power in his Punto.
It has "single port injection" does that sound right?
After a sevice a while back the car starts to lose power and it feels like the car is being driven with the choke on and the fuel consumptions goes down by about a third.
last time he says his "mechanic" did something at the back of the engine in a little black box!
I know this sounds very vague and i appologies but my last Fiat was a 1976 Fiat 131 Mirrafiori 4 door, FANTASTIC CAR!!! I HAVE BEEN IN CANADA SINCE THEN AND I COME BACK TO THE AND HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN ONE, EVEN AT A CLASSIC CAR SHOW.
If any one has any ideas about the Punto i would really apreciate it and so would my cousin Derek. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

hey, my mate had what sounds like a similar problem, his fuel economy went down and smoke came out the exhaust though, turns out the problem was simply the O2 sensors which meant it was burning too much fuel (hence the poor fuel economy and the smoke out the exhaust). Not sure he had a loss of power but i imagine with more fuel bogging the engine down it may have done. By the way his is a 1998 1.2 8v. hope this helps.

Back