Punto 13cm Rear Speakers

Currently reading:
Punto 13cm Rear Speakers

bouzourikis

Hello,

I have got a Punto (2002) Sporting and I am going to replace the original Βlaupunkt radio/ cd with a Sony CDX-GT410U mp3 player. I ‘ll also replace the front speakers with the Pioneer TS-H1704.

I wonder about the rear speakers. As I have read in the forum there is confusion about their size (10 cm is the factory size but many members say that 13 cm will fit fine). Do I need a product like this to fit 13cm speakers on their factory positions?

Any suggestion for rear speakers (price and quality similar to the Pioneers) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't bother - spend the money on a small amp for the fronts :)

Don't bother - spend the money on a small amp for the fronts :)

I guess you are right. But I like sound coming from behind and I don't want a complicated installation. So I insist on the rear speakers.

if your confused about the size just go measure your current speakers :)

then give us a size and budget and we will see what we can do

My current speakers’ size is 10cm but I wonder if I can put 13cm on the factory’s locations using this adaptor.

In the Speaker Sizes thread there is confusion about the size. See this and this.

The front Pioneer speakers cost about 100 euros so the budget for the back speakers will be 100-120 euros.

does that adapter look the right shape and size for you mountings? if it does then go for it!

I haven't find the adaptor in Greece and I can't find a drawing in Internet so I am not 100% sure. The shape in the picture looks good.

if the shape looks good then it will be the right one. never known two cars use the same speaker adapters.

I guess I will order it.

I have just installed the head unit and the front Pioneer TS-H1704 speakers and I am excited.

About the back speakers (I want to replace the back speaker as well) I am thinking of the Pioneer TS-E1396 Speakers. Is there any danger tha the back speakers yould be too good related to the fronts?

Back