Technical Punto 1.9 JTD 2000

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1.9 JTD 2000

danandrews80

Hi

I have just put 5 litres of oil in my car, the display then told me that i had too much and now it says that it is empty, i then found an oil leak a day or so later (puddle on floor), what i would like to know is whether i have put too much oil in in the first place or whether i probably have an oil leak.

The thing is it was not leaking before i changed the oil and there was oil in there.

Also what oil would you recommend using

Thanks

Did you replace the sump plug washer? Also have you had a look to see where the oil is coming from? May have overtightened oil filter etc. All of which may be the casue of yuor leak if it wasnt there before you changed the oil.
10w40 Part synthetic diesel motor oil is what is recomended.

Did you replace the sump plug washer? Also have you had a look to see where the oil is coming from? May have overtightened oil filter etc. All of which may be the casue of yuor leak if it wasnt there before you changed the oil.
10w40 Part synthetic diesel motor oil is what is recomended.

:yeahthat:
5L is to much, i've switched to 5w-40 synthetic and gained a few more mpg

According to your cars spec, you should only put 4.3 litres of 10-w40 synthetic oil.

Hi
Thanks for the replies, i took my car to my local garage and they say that my oil sump is crakced how much should this cost to get fixed thanks

Back