Tuning Punto 1.2 75 Cooling

Currently reading:
Tuning Punto 1.2 75 Cooling

SvetS

Hello! Soo my 1.2 75 have poor cooling anyone know what to do??? Bigger radiator from another car or???

I would determine first why it has poor cooling. Coolant leakage, radiator damaged, thermostat broken, coolant needs to be replaced...
Everything done... I readed somewhere that Fiat confirmed for the 176's cooling is bad... My radiator hive is around 600mm wide, 300/350mm height and 22mm thickness... Ooops I forgot to mention the hoses are only on the one side... The 188 radiator is exactly the same BUT! It's around 30/34mm thick and the one of the hoses is on the other side of the radiator... Which on many cars i drove is better if they are not on the same side and height.

Everything done... I readed somewhere that Fiat confirmed for the 176's cooling is bad... My radiator hive is around 600mm wide, 300/350mm height and 22mm thickness... Ooops I forgot to mention the hoses are only on the one side... The 188 radiator is exactly the same BUT! It's around 30/34mm thick and the one of the hoses is on the other side of the radiator... Which on many cars i drove is better if they are not on the same side and height.
stock rad should be more than upto the task - so my first approach would be to flush the system really well, back flushing both the radiator and heater matrix. Refill and make sure its really well bled and see how it goes..
Fire engines of this era are renowned for popping head gaskets but they don't just fail for no reason, in my experience the leak link is the thermostats, seen so many fiats over the years that have popped a head gasket due to a sticky or stuck stat that i highly recommend getting a genuine part and not a cheap pattern part when replacing stats - which would be the next thing to change. That said if when you flush the system what comes out the rad is really dirty i'd consider just replacing the radiator as well.

Back