General Punto 1.2 16v

Currently reading:
General Punto 1.2 16v

Im new to fiats but for some reason I just really love them.

I am looking at a punto 1.2 16v over the weekend and will hopefully be all ok and that I buy it. Are the 1.2 16v all in one model eg SX,S or ELX as i really would a 1.2 16v but would like the electrics, central locking, rev counter, fogs etc.

Please help

Many Thanks:cool: :rolleyes: (y)

As far as i no they are some ELX and sx. I have a 1.2 16v SX 85 Sporting,
which includes rev counter electric windows , central locking and Fogs. Do u no what the sporting engine looks like . ??

No i dont know what it looms like? what does it loom like?

I am lookin at a T reg 1999 1.2 16v 85 SX sporting tomorrow, it has remote locking and thats all the ad says, what else will it have ?

i have the 85 model, not alot of the 85 model made. Should also come with power steering by the way. U might also get electric sunroof if its later then a 98 ?

I don't think you can get an SX Sporting. It's either an SX/ELX (5 door soggy suspension) or a Sporting 3 door. there was supposed to be a 3 door SX 85 but I've never seen one.

Power steering is standard and you should get stereo controls on the wheel, manual sunroof, electric windows, rev counter rear head rests and all the usual kit. Power sunroof and ABS were options.

Fantastic engine but a bit soft for my taste (except sporting) . Watch out for the cambelt, it's changed at 72 on the 16V and it's £300+ from a Fiat dealer.

Stuart

the ad says its a 1999 T reg 1.2 16v Sporting 3 door, but i was told it was likely to be an SX on another board last night, is that right?

Will it come with cd player if it has wheel controls?

So is it right to assume that this model is a good model of the Punto?

mine is a 1.2 16V SX 85 . SPORTING . So u can get a 1.2 16v In a SX
IVE ADDED A PICTURE OF THE SX 85 1.2 16V ENGINE WITH ABS

Attachments

• SX 85.jpg
    SX 85.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 46
gezzauk said:
mine is a 1.2 16V SX 85 . SPORTING .

Doesn't make sense. There were:

85 16v SX 3/ 5 door models. Standard SX spec (electric windows, cassette player, rev counter, height adjustable wheel and seat) plus remote control stereo (it's a cassette as standard), PAS and manual glass sunroof. Introduced in 1998 and ran until the Mk2 came along.

85 16v ELX 5 door. ELX had electric sunroof, remote locking, airbag, centre console, split rear seats and various other bits. Introduced in 1997 and ran until early 1999.

85 16v Sporting 3dr. The most common 16v model and a real peach with all the usual Sporting stuff. Introduced in 1997 and ran until the Mk2 came along.

There is no such car as an '85 SX Sporting'. I think that's people assuming they have an 85 SX 3dr making it just the same as a Sporting but without the alloys and body kit. As HF Stuart say's, the suspension is firmer on the Sporting and, I think, 5th gear is slightly shorter too...

midland fiat said:
iirc belts are 135 by most fiat dealers in the midlands

we do for sub 100.

ALL 16v's have power steering!

The quote was to my wife from Desira Fiat in East Anglia. We too went elsewhere. Note that I said power sunroof was an option not steering.

The Sporting has a lower ratio diff than the other 16V cars so the gearing is around 10% shorter max recommended speed in 4th for instance is 90 rather than 98. (Figures from owner handbook)

Stuart

I saw an 85 3 door elx for sale once a few years ago, was the only one I remember seeing, as even the 5 door 85 elx's are fairly rare.

An SX Sporting can't exist, the SX is a basic trim level model (not the most basic, but the next one up), the Sporting has everything like power steering and sunroofs and stuff like that. I've never seen a Punto with the SX and Sportign written on the back.

The Trooper said:
I saw an 85 3 door elx for sale once a few years ago, was the only one I remember seeing, as even the 5 door 85 elx's are fairly rare.

Could have been an import, but the 85 16v ELX 3dr never made it to the UK. They did bring the earlier 75ELX 3dr in, though!

The Trooper said:
An SX Sporting can't exist, the SX is a basic trim level model (not the most basic, but the next one up), the Sporting has everything like power steering and sunroofs and stuff like that. I've never seen a Punto with the SX and Sportign written on the back.

You are right about the spec on the SX being different, but the 85 16v SX did have a sunroof and PAS ;)

Back