attachment.php

Attachments

• punto 1.2 16v timing.PNG
    punto 1.2 16v timing.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 772
  • 20160711_215033.jpg
    20160711_215033.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 614
If you mean the little silver forked tool, it engages into two little holes in the tensioner to allow you to turn it to align the tensioning marks. I have one for the 8v, which is probably the same tool. It is possible to do the job using circlip pliers, but this little tool makes it so easy.

If the engine doesn't turn over by hand then the timing is wrong. This engine is different to most engines due to the fact when you time the engine up, number 1 piston will be half way down the cylinder and NOT at TDC. Recheck your timing.

it spins by hand, but feels strange, it doesnt "jump" when you keep spinning

was reading in other topics and autodata, that you are supposed to loosen cam pulley bolt and tension belt and then torque cam pulley bolt - i didnt do that cuz i dont know why is that needed, but when i spin engine by hand, sticks align and i can insert locking tool inside both cams

You slacken the cam pulley as its not 100% a snug fit, it's kind of semi-vernier. When you tension the belt, with the cam locked, it'll keep all the tension in the right place by moving the pulley slightly (less than 1 tooth) then you tighten the cam pulley, then turn it over. Don't forget after turning it over, make sure the timing marks line back up. If not, restart the timing process

No, snug fit of the pulley to cam, it will rotate slightly. If you've not tried to start it you won't have bent anything, and at worst without slackening the cam pulley off it'll run 1/2 a tooth out, enough for some management systems to throw their toys out of the prom but not enough to cause damage. Have you made sure the timing marks line back up? And with plugs in, you should feel compression, it'll get harder to turn, then free off.

If your at all unsure, unplug the coil and turn it on the starter a few times, it'll help build some oil pressure to the top end anyway and you won't be going fast enough to cause major damage if anything is amiss, but to be honest it sounds like you should be good to go

Back