General punto 1.2 16v timing belt

Currently reading:
General punto 1.2 16v timing belt

jimw1982

hi i have just bought the wife a punto and have no record off the timing belt being changed i phoned the local garage for a quote today and they have said £164 complete including replaceing water pump, would you guys say this is a fair price? or can any one suggest anyone who can do it cheeper, im in blackburn lancashire.

cheers

i done mine my self but had to buy the tools but i was getting qouted 260 to do the job so the price u got sounds ok

At that price get the garage to do it. Just make sure they appreciate its a 16V they might have misquoted the 8V price.

its easy with the tools and a haynes manual u could buy the tools do the belt then sell them on

thanks guys i will defo get it booked in then to be done as its hitting the 69,000 miles, before i do i just wana make sure im right the the 1.2 automatic speedgear is a 16v think iam right but if anyone can help back it up would be gratefull

I would seriously avoid using the car until that cam belt is replaced. Its not just the £7 +VAT for each valve its the head gasket, engine strip, etc. and you still need the new cam belt.

Back