General pulling back when cold

Currently reading:
General pulling back when cold

to get anywhere from my house, you go down a long road, obviously loads of accelerating... when i take her out for the first time, obviously cold.. lol when am accelerating down this road.. she seems to.. i cant rate discribe it.. kinda like pulls back at about 3.5k revs. its weird.. kinda feels like when you hit the limiter but not so extreme..

so ill be going first gear, get to 3.5k and she pulls back in a way, can feel engine like stopping or summit... raaate hard to explain

does it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th too.

but once shes warmed up abit, like 5 mins of driving, she stops doing it :confused:

its really hard to explain, you gotta drive her to understand i guess!

Mine Cinq does this also, after about 5 minutes it works perfect. Im not to worried though as my Punto used to do it aswell. Maybe the heat range on the plugs??????

it dont matter if accelration is harsh or ought, just normal driving.

cant remember it doing it before engine seized that time and she went in garage and had full service when she was there. might have been garage man whos broke her! lol

It is also a bit wet/damp all over the country so that wont help things take the weather aspect as well into account

Mine does it too, so did the other 2. Even the 1108 puntos don't seem to rev cleanly from start up. I find that if you start it and don't give it chance to sort the idle speed out on it's own it feels like it's going to stall. It's apparently called 'character'(y)

to be fair, you dont really wanna be trashing the engine till its warmed anyway cos of the potential engine damage. but at a guess, may be choke related? be cause the choke puts more fuel in, it could be bogging out maybe?

really not got a clue, but its something worth checking.

The car hasn't got a choke, so it isn't that.

Cheers

D

to get anywhere from my house, you go down a long road, obviously loads of accelerating... when i take her out for the first time, obviously cold.. lol when am accelerating down this road.. she seems to.. i cant rate discribe it.. kinda like pulls back at about 3.5k revs. its weird.. kinda feels like when you hit the limiter but not so extreme..

so ill be going first gear, get to 3.5k and she pulls back in a way, can feel engine like stopping or summit... raaate hard to explain

does it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th too.

but once shes warmed up abit, like 5 mins of driving, she stops doing it :confused:

its really hard to explain, you gotta drive her to understand i guess!

Change up at 3000 rpm then.

Cheers

D

The mckcrich chip tends to emphasis any cold running problems, however once warm runs better, well in my experience.

Oh yeah and BOTH my centos hold back at certain places in the rev range when cold.

Can't say mine does it...

Anytime if you give it some hammer when cold (I've hardly ever done it, but sometimes you just need to get somewhere quick), it still pulls like a train. I can say theres a flat spot, but 3.5k is usually where power starts kicking in on my Cinq so maybe there is something wrong :confused:

Mine does it. Worse since it's had the cam / TB / chip / novi'box / exhaust. Fine once its past 50 degrees.

Unbelieveably despite being in team ford i have one as well!! :bang:

Mines at around 2k except mine isnt a regular thing :eek:

Back