Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Panda Van

Is all gone square shaped
RWYB INFO

Long Marston airfield near stratford on avon on the B4632

Event takes place on October 30th and 31st 2010

The season closing event, includes fancy dress, fireworks and bonfire on the Saturday night.

Heres the info from the Shakespeare county raceway website:

RUN WHAT YA BRUNG... Putting YOU in the hot seat

How many times have you said to yourself 'that looks easy - I could do that!'. Well, now here's your chance to find out because Shakespeare County Raceway is giving you a unique opportunity by grabbing some interactive viewing from the hot seat of your street legal road car or from the saddle of a contemporay sports bike in any of our Run What Ya Brung Public Track Days all at an affordable price, and in the safe confines of a professionally operated drag strip.

After each timed run, drivers/riders are presented with a 'Certificate of Speed' giving important information like reaction times to the green light, timing data from start to finish alongside your opponents times and speeds.

All vehicles are welcome; Minis, Trucks; Super Cars and Bikes. All are welcome to race against the clock including Modifieds, Imports, Circuit and Oval Track Race Cars are all welcome to participate too. Clubs, gatherings, events within events; these can be arrange too. Whatever the occasion, whatever the event, if its got wheels - you can race it at one of Europe's quickest and fastest quarter mile drag strips.

For 2010 Shakespeare County Raceway offers a wide and varied selection of Public Track Day RWYB events catering for all tastes. To compete all you need is a vehicle. This will be checked for safeness by the raceway's knowledgeable scrutineering crew, seatbelts, suitable clothing, a valid driving licence and a crash helmet. Crash helmets will now be a requirement of the Raceway for all drivers taking part in any RWYB Public Track Day or lifstyle events. There will be no exceptions. The requirement is there for your safety. If you are competing with a motorcycle, a helmet, leathers, gloves and boots are required. No trainers of jeans allowed.

General raceway admission for Public Track Day RWYB's is £12 per person of £22 for a weekend pass. Track fee is £20 per day or £35 for a weekend of unlimited runs or at least until the fuel runs out! There's no pre booking either. Just arrive at the track and we'll take care of the rest. Check out our Safety Requirements page in the Downloads section.

Ten Item General Check List

1. It is now a requirement of Shakespeare County Raceway that you wear a crash helmet for drag racing at all events in 2010. This includes Public Track Days and Lifestyle Events.

2. Bring your drivers licence for signing on. (MOT & Insurance documents may be asked for).

3. Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs, and gloves if you are driving an open top car.

4. Windows must be closed when racing.

5. Seat Belts must be worn.

6. Motorcycle riders to wear leathers, gloves and helmet (jeans & trainers not permitted).

7. Regarding intercooler spray bars. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE not if you are drag racing! Shakespeare County Raceway cannot afford any fluids on the track surface. As you probably know, the track is treated for traction. The slightest moisture turns it into a skating rink! Even if you use the spray bar in the fire up road, there will still be drips when you get to the line. This means a clean up that eats into valuable racing time. The track policy is perfectly clear on this, any car dropping fluids will NOT be allowed to race!

8. Make sure that your motorcycle is clean and not dropping oil.

9. All motorcycles must have an adequate manufacturers or after market chain guard. Also oil & water catch cans if required.

10. Shakespeare County Raceway reserves the right to define additional rules governing the running of the event and will advise all registered entrants accordingly. Track managements decision is final in any situation or dispute.

Yaya!! I'm the first to add myself!!...... ooookaaay, easily amused! :D

I will be bringing the "Lancia" Marbella and going to try to get my dad to bring his mk1 scirocco TT turbo!! Think you have something worthy?....see you on the strip!

Cheers,
Si

Hello! - Ill also be there in my usual place (freezing with camera in hand trackside!!) If theres enough panda's / fiats i'll run a feature in Parliamo on it(y)
Just to add this is a great meet with usually a massive bonfire and a few fireworks on the saturday night plus fancy dress comp and much party-ing, well worth staying over if your brave enough to camp over in October Brrrrrrrrrr !!:devil:

I can't make it to this unfortunately, the gearbox is out and will be rebuilt as soon as I have thought about what I want / found out whats broke! Unbeleivably gutted I can't make it, I've been looking forward to this for some time! Hope those that are going have a good time!
Cheers,
Si

Back