Technical Proxy Alignment DAB Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Proxy Alignment DAB Problem

My current project is 2016 Lounge which was stolen/recovered and stripped, inside and out. Everything missing has been replaced including a speedo and stereo. The mileage was obviously flashing due to the speedo being out of another car. I have used MES to increase the mileage to what it should be and done a proxy alignment which has failed, so the mileage still flashes.

Delving down into the problem I have discovered that the stereo is showing no DAB aerial/Open Circuit. The aerial on the car is not a DAB aerial, it's a normal radio aeria. The stereo I have put in is a DAB one. I have bought an aftermarket DAB aerial which sticks to the glass and works perfectly. The car is still saying no dab aerial. There was no DAB connection behind the dash so it's not that there is wiring which is not connected. For some unknown reason it's seeing the stereo correctly but not seeing the aerial plugged in and because it says it's missing, that one module is failing when you do the proxy alignment therefore the proxy alignment is not completing and the mileage continues to flash.

I'm stumped, I don't know how I can get around this apart from changing the stereo to a non DAB one which was obviously what was in it before. The other idea I have had is to get a proper Fiat DAB aerial, plug it into the back of the stereo do the Proxy Alignment and then disconnect it. Whether that would do it remains to be seen, or maybe it would start flashing again when I unplug the Fiat DAB.

Has anyone got any ideas. I do have an old 500X DAB aerial that I could try rather than buying one but was wondering whether anyone has any ideas how I can get round this in MES?

I've see the Hex coding thread of which I actually uploaded the document with instructions so I think I'm going to try that as far as I can see I need to hange Byte 123 to C5 and that might just do it. I also need to change the logo displayed as it's currently Abarth, not Fiat. There is mention of that in the instructions but it is changing it to Abarth so not sure what I should be changing it to. Hoping this is going to work.

All sorted. I followed all the instructions in the document I uploaded a couple of months ago and apart from one error in it which said Change Byte 123 to D5 it should actually be C5. All worked fine. I now have no flashing mileage, no errors and proxy alignment successful and as a bonus the Abarth logo is now showing as the Fiat. One.

All sorted. I followed all the instructions in the document I uploaded a couple of months ago and apart from one error in it which said Change Byte 123 to D5 it should actually be C5. All worked fine. I now have no flashing mileage, no errors and proxy alignment successful and as a bonus the Abarth logo is now showing as the Fiat. One.
Ignore my post in the other thread(y)

Still hoping to see you do it on video though.

gr J

I've see the Hex coding thread of which I actually uploaded the document with instructions so I think I'm going to try that as far as I can see I need to hange Byte 123 to C5 and that might just do it. I also need to change the logo displayed as it's currently Abarth, not Fiat. There is mention of that in the instructions but it is changing it to Abarth so not sure what I should be changing it to. Hoping this is going to work.
Hiya I know some time has passed on this topic but have you got the instructions to perform the recoding please as we have just encountered the same issue on a 2016 Lounge

Back