Technical Proxi Alignment and new clocks

Currently reading:
Technical Proxi Alignment and new clocks

Someone I know has a Mk2 Punto where they've changed the clocks and now have the mileage flashing. I have Multiecuscan and can do the proxy alignment for them. Before offering my services (for free) I have three quick questions

1. Does the owner need the security code in order to do the alignment?
2. Does the body control module store the cars mileage, or will the mileage displayed on the new clocks be that from the original donor vehicle
3. Are there any risks with doing the proxy alignment? Can it do haywire and cause serious problems?

As I said, I have the means of giving the owner a dig out with this, but I don't want to end up opening a can of worms if the potential is there.

Thanks for that, just to clarify point 2, what do you mean by reprogram the clocks? Is this not the proxy alignment itself or are there other steps that I would need to take?

Nope, need to programme the clocks first using MES, then you complete proxy alignment after to complete the process and confirm everything (y)

never done it but the procedure is clearly explained on the relevant page by yani
i once ignored his advice and lost my steering:D

Back