General Prop shaft dropped

Currently reading:
General Prop shaft dropped

Ju.

Done a bit of hardcore off roading earlier and the propshaft has dropped, causing it to knock against the guard constantly.

Is there a coupling I can change in the joint? and if so where can I get one from?, or do I need to get new props?

TIA
Ju

Yes the propshaft is carried by two bearings above the cover you are talking about now sit down they cost about £65.00+ vat from Fiat dealer. I think they are still available

Cheers mate. If its bearings then I can get them apart get the numbers and get them from BSL through work saving alot of money. Thats quite a hefty amount really.

DSC00313.jpg

This is the joint just infront of the guard.

Hi JU the propshaft that has dropped is it above the metal guard? if ti is two bearings are mounted in rubber that inturn bolt through this plate. When these rubbers get old they crack and the rubber bonding comes off the foot holding the captive bolt that passes through the tin guard. If you can move the prop side to side up and down in the area of the guard then that is what has failed I'v had it happen to me:cry:

Cheers mate. When I get the car back to my workshop I will get it apart and have a look.

No probs if you can get the car up in the air it will be easy to spot(y) be careful if you have to remove the bearings and rubber mounts the bolts that go through the metal plate will rip out of the rubber for fun. Heat will knacker the rubber up WD and a lot of luck is what you need, you will need to split the prop to change the bearing don't forget to mark the prop so it goes back as you have taken it apart.

Back