General Pronlem with start up from cold

Currently reading:
General Pronlem with start up from cold

JFL

you *****!!
Hello again everyone, any hep with this matter would be much appreciated.

Whenever i start my Stilo first thing in a morning now (just since it started getting colder) at about 8.00AM, it seems to be doing something strange. I wait for the warmer light to go out on the dashboard, then start it up. Once started up it sounds strange and for a few seconds the revs really lower and then go back to normal again. The noise sounds is a really quiet ticking kind of noise.

It never did this before, do all Stilo's do this when there cold :confused:. When its fully warmed through its fine. It doesnt spit out much 'diesel' smoke when it does this, only the usual amount thats expected.

Its a puzzling one :confused:

steaker

my stilo takes about three /four minutes to get warm , its sounds very different to normal its hard to explain , just leve it till the neddle moves abit then shes ok.

jayteedee

i've noticed the same thing. i seems to be on the left side under the bonnet.. it goes once the engine warms up, not the oil temp but once the engines been running for a wee while.

it's a diesel thing I believe

OP
OP
JFL

JFL

you *****!!
Glad mines not the only one. Theres nothing like a little bit of music to get rid off it though (y).

It might just be something in the engine warming up above a certain temperature. It is only a few days ago when it started doing it, usually below 5 or 6 degrees on a morning. Anywhere above that and it doesnt do it, such as when i started it at 1pm the other day, it didnt make it. Could just be a certain under bonnet liquid warming up.

volxstu

More ICE Please
I believe that the irregular revs would be the Auto Choke leveling and the Tapping is nothing to worry about.