General Progress so far

Currently reading:
General Progress so far

Having got the Torino kit car home I decided to take some time off work (the first in over a year) while the weather was still good. I have a car lift but it is outside so I needed to make the most use of the good weather.

To save cluttering the forum with loads of pics I threw together a few web pages instead.

There is still a lot of work to be done but I am quite pleased with progress so far.

Ah fantastic work(y) !! you are really solving some problems,amazing how much room you created by creating that tunnel,im sure this rare beast is gona be alot of fun, after all the hard work and thought you are putting in the design,look forward to following your progress.
Damien.:cool:

Nice work so far. I'll be following this with interest.

One thing to watch out for if you're going to mess about with the engine position: make sure the driveshafts still engage in the diff properly. I had this problem on the Road Rat but then I have changed the engine to the FIRE version so there may be minor differences in geometry. Worth bearing mind though as I damaged one drive shaft as a result.

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I'll try to post fairly regular updates as work progresses.

default_user said:
Nice work so far. I'll be following this with interest.
One thing to watch out for if you're going to mess about with the engine position: make sure the driveshafts still engage in the diff properly.

Good point. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get the engine mounts right, including lifting the crank pulley end to reduce the angle on the nearside (short) drive shaft. I haven't checked the clearance in the diff. Luckily that can be fairly easily checked by undoing the centre nut on the hub and pushing the spline inwards. I had to do this when I lifted my Panda. There the problem was the other way round - there wasn't enough clearance.

Les, just had a thought; fancy swapping links?
Sure. I need to set up a links section.

Hi all,

In the last few weeks I managed to get some more work done on the car. The transmission tunnel conversion is now nearly done, with just a bit more work needed on the rear suspension.

the recent rain has proved how waterproof the soft top is - not at all :mad:. It makes a good swimming pool though...

I have updated the website for those who are interested.

I have to admit it is getting slightly out of hand. I originally bought the car as a quick project. Somehow, the more work I do on it, the more work I create :confused:.

One of my headaches at the moment is figuring out what I am going to do about the fuel tank. With all of the junk removed from underneath the original tank is looking very vulnerable. A jerry can would fit nicely but 20l is awfully small...

Back