Technical Programming Blue Key?

Currently reading:
Technical Programming Blue Key?

Daze

hey everyone
i know there are thousands of posts about this and im must have read everyone of them:D the closest one i could find was a sticky and said to programme the blue key:

1.put red key in till light goes
2.take out red put in blue till light goes out
3.put red back in turn ignition till light goes out
4.take red out again and blue(s) should work!

this was for a bravo and i have a mk1 punto 98' and was wondering if it is done the same way?
i believe i tryed to do this but i may have forgotten something as i read the forum before i got my cut keys and then went to my car a few hours later.
i put my red key in and turned on (not ignition tho maybe thats the problem?) till the red light came off then put in the blue key but the red light didnt turn off it just stayed there?
any help would be appreciated
got my key cut at timpson by the way:)
thanks!

you need to buy a minimum of 2 blue keys you cant program one

get them cut by dealer or mabey local lock smith might be beter at it

then put your red key in turn ignition to mar then turn it off again

put in first new blue key and turn to mar wait for code light to go out

then put in second blue key and turn to mar and wait for code light to go out

then wait between 4 and 9 seconds put your red key in again if the code light stays on your keys are programed if it goes out keep turning it on and off untill it does stay on if you still have trouble try again

you can program the key as many times as you like they to as many cars as you like there is no limit so dont be afraid of fuging it up

and dont pay more than 50 quid to have it done

the code cards are for forsing the engine ecu to start the engine with the fiat examiner not for programing keys they also have a few other uses

insidently you should not have the code card you dont have them from new
you have to order them by chasis number for the car to get one not that you need one

also get some keys soon as using the red key to run the car will destroy the code ecu and posibly engine ecu i have seen them both sufer
'''

The method you descibe is for genuine Fiat keys, which are ALL unique codes, and are NOT programmable. Timpsons do not supply genuine keys nor do they have the means to programme an after market key with a "unique" code, they can only copy a working or red key (clone). You now have to decide if the keys you have are master or working keys:-
Switch on ign, wait for code off, turn ignition on again.
if code stays lit, then its a master.
if code goes off, then its a working key.
do this for all keys.
You can not load into car a blue key and a clone (cos the clone should work anyway). Did timpsons clone from the red or the blue?

damn i need two keys maybe thats why!
basically timpsons ordered a blue key which they told me already has half the code, the cut the blue key from the red and that was all i did get two keys however one of them is short and doesnt fully go into the ignition doors etc but i got that one as a freebie so i cant complain or anything.
im assuming the fact i only have one proper bulue is the problem, oh well there goes another £20!
by the way:
littlepip17 is the man!!!!

just came back from timpsons and ordered me a new key.
asked the guy aswell if he cloned my red key and he said no key just copied (cut) from the red key.
also asked him if he used a transponder machine and he said no and to make the blue keys work just do the procedure.
hopefully it works when i get the new key tommorow

speak of the man

can you not get a key with a diferent code already on or do they only clone ones you have

car will no allow you to program 2 keys with the same code they need to be different so clones of blue keys will not work along side the key you cloned and clones of reds will defo not work

surely if you cloned it from a key that worked your car it will work anyway as the car will just think it is the same key

if not and you need to program keys then fiat keys are the answer

you can only program from 2 two 8 keys to the car

the programming procedure a both is correct in fact looks very similar to something I wrote a wile back but I'm not sure

Last edited:
When you put in the first new key the light stayed on. That means either the new key is not programmed properly, or the red key is not in fact a master key, check it out as I suggested, before you go any further. Then if it is in fact a blue key, then clone the spare from it and it will work.
BTW red clones will work exactly as the original does, I've made dozens of them from ecu readout etc.

littlepip17 you is still the man!!!

here is a pic of the original key i got with the car (red key i assume) and the one recently copied from it.
there is a little chip inside the blue one as far as i know and timpsons ordered it specifically according to the year and model of my punto.
im getting the second blue tomorrow and i hope it works please reassure me someone!:worship:

Attachments

• DSCN0455.JPG
    DSCN0455.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
You still havn't proved if the red key is a master!! People who pass cars on occasionally put a blue chip into a red holder. Sadly the next key you buy from that source wont work either, for the same reason that the first replacement didn't. But hey if you dont listen.............

When you put in the first new key the light stayed on. That means either the new key is not programmed properly, or the red key is not in fact a master key, check it out as I suggested, before you go any further. Then if it is in fact a blue key, then clone the spare from it and it will work.
BTW red clones will work exactly as the original does, I've made dozens of them from ecu readout etc.

what i meant was a copy of a red key will not be able to be used along side a new blue key during programming if you want to use it to make up the full 2 keys required

it will certainly start the car as the ecu wont know the diference it is simply a copy after all

heres some reasurance anyway

if the keys you are getting are pre programed with a code and the codes both the keys have are diferent from each other(posibly the same as they buy these keys in baches at timsons) and they re not copying codes from keys you have already then yes the programming should work when you have 2 blues

can you open up your red key and take a picture of the chip for us to see if it looks right I'm not sure what the blue key chips look like as I have never chopped one open to see but I think there the same anyway

if after this it dose not work as ready4bed says you need to check the red key you have is a proper red key turn it on and off and on again if it's a red the light should stay on after that

if it is a red and the programming is not working all I can suggest is get fiat keys they are 44 quid each and that way you can be sure they have different codes

But hey if you dont listen.............

sorry mate i just been reading practically everythread there is in the forum about the keys and thought getting the spares from timpsons would be the easiest and cheapest option.
havent got to my car yet so havent even checked to see if the red i got is just a blue chip inside (slave).
but i did get my other copies (FOC) and have opened one of them up for you to see, aswell as the red i have, to see if it is the master or not.
not sure if the quality is the best but the pic of the red had a sort of cylinder shaped chip and has a blue tint to it.
tell me what you think and if the lues will work and if you think the red is the master or not.
i will try everything everyone has suggested later tonite when i get to the car.
thanks again!

Attachments

• DSCN0622.JPG
    DSCN0622.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0629.JPG
    DSCN0629.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0630.JPG
    DSCN0630.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
well the red key looks pretty normal but you really need to turn it twice to be sure and see if the light stays on the second time as it should

the blue tinge on the chip has nothing to do with it being from a blue key

but normally when people hack chips out of non remote ie solid plastic keys they leave some blue plastic stuck to the chip because they don't want to risk breaking it any more than they already have removing it this is the reason why i wanted to see it

also I notice the chip is the correct way round something else people overlook when messing with chips in keys

and as for the blue key you have shown I can see from the picture the cut is atrocious is that buy any chance the key that don't work the looks properly

just shows there cheap for a reason

if the blue keys you have don't work just see if you can have a refund and get them from fiat most dealers stock 2 of them for every car and will more likely cut them straighter to

Last edited:
thanks for your help.
i believe my red key is indeed a blue as the light doesnt stay on and disappears after a few seconds.
wiht this new revelation i am a bit stuck.
is it possible to maybe go to timpsons and ask them to copy/clone the code from my blue(red) key?
or would it just be best and easiest aswell as wisest to just go to the fiat dealer?

well he didnt really con me as i didnt really know about fiats and the red key blue key business so i guess it aint his fault.
but just for the sake of having a spare im going through this long process.
will timpsons be able to copy the code from my supposed red key to the blue keys they have already cut for me? i.e through some kind of transponder machine etc?

If they have put in a programmable one the its easy, just do a key copy. if its a fixed transponder then ask them to swap the transponders for a programmable types and then do a key copy. You are not the first to be caught by this ruse.

well he didnt really con me as i didnt really know about fiats and the red key blue key business so i guess it aint his fault.
but just for the sake of having a spare im going through this long process.
will timpsons be able to copy the code from my supposed red key to the blue keys they have already cut for me? i.e through some kind of transponder machine etc?

well so far your confusion and ours is caused buy the guy swapping the chip into a red blank from fiat and cutting it

so I would say it is his fault really the only reason someone would do that is to sell the car to someone thinking it has a red key who might know about the key system

I think he still deserves a beating

cheers littlepip your starting to be my saving grace on this website.
still havent sorted out the keys as the two nearest timpsons near my house dont have the transponder machine.
and the one that has it is miles away in which i would have to drive to and my car isnt exactly in the best working condition! doh!

Back