General programming a remote key into punto mk2

Currently reading:
General programming a remote key into punto mk2

jug

blessed are the apostates
my girlfriend's mk2 punto sporting key has broke, its the one that works the remote central locking. the button wont open the doors, i've tried a new battery and had a good look at the pcb but i cant find any dry joints.

my local fiat dealer just quoted me £40 for a new remote key and then another £60 to program the key into the car so it will work the central locking. obviously i said nasty things to them, as usual.

i'm going to get a 2nd hand key instead and just swap the internals round but keep the immob chip. how do i program the new remote into the car so it will work the central locking?

jug said:
my girlfriend's mk2 punto sporting key has broke, its the one that works the remote central locking. the button wont open the doors, i've tried a new battery and had a good look at the pcb but i cant find any dry joints.

my local fiat dealer just quoted me £40 for a new remote key and then another £60 to program the key into the car so it will work the central locking. obviously i said nasty things to them, as usual.

i'm going to get a 2nd hand key instead and just swap the internals round but keep the immob chip. how do i program the new remote into the car so it will work the central locking?

Are you sure the 60 charge isnt to program the chip to the car?

T14086 said:
Remote keys come already programmed to vehicle.

Yeah so get a key from fiat, stick ya chip in and you should be away.

asked 4 of my local fiat dealers. they all say its £40 for a key and £60 to program it in. so i got a key from a breakers for £5, swapped the chip and key blanks over, it opens and starts the car and it definately emitts a radio frequency because i get interference on my scanner when i press the button. i'm going to pay fiat the £60 to get it programmed into the car, i found out it can only be done with a computer plugged into the ecu, and i would need the 4 digit key code to get it done at a non fiat garage. fiat charge £15 just for the key code, so bugger it i'm getting it done at fiat. i hate it when this happens, i hope they dont try to tell me the key wont work unless i buy a magical wing mirror actuator switch at £199.99 plus VAT, stranger things have happened at dealerships.

Back