General Problems

Currently reading:
General Problems

No chance its the tensioner in the timing belt is it? I mean it squeals only for a mile or 2 before going and only when i turn left. Anyhoo rain or not its going for a jetwash tomorrow lol

When you start it on a cold morning do you hear a slight squeal? that a lasts for about a mile or less and then it’s all quiet?

hehe i was using the original cento wheels that are pretty crap for air flow imho. it was only a sprint to so 1 lap and they have almost a hour to cool.
Ive heard you can get vented fronts (standard cento size) from some diesel punto? ment to be loads cheaper then aftermarket disc

Decent pads on good standard discs will be fine for a one or two mile sprint. You won't get enough heat into them to get competition pads working properly, then you will get glaze.

Cheers

PD

Well guys i gave the car a good wash shoulda seen the stuff coming out the hubcaps and wheels lol. Was ok after that for a good 30 miles then started again this time at low speeds and went after about another mile or so. Aint happened again as yet but i took it to the garage and have to go back first thing in the morning. Even the mechanic said it shouldnt be the discs as he said the pads would have smoothed over the scoring on the discs when he put em on months back. Maybe its the scoring thats coming off making the screeching sound what ya think? although the pedal has sunk a little like i said before and has a softer feel to it when i apply the brakes

just get an 8mm spanner,bit of tube to fit over the nipple,a jar and some new brake fluid.....and a spare person.

Bleeding the brakes will do nothing but good things(unless you shear a nipple off) you'll have nice new fluid and you can tick it off the list for causes of the soft pedal.

I bled mine yesterday,took half an hour(y)

Yeah ill ask them to do that tomorrow. Hopefully its just something stupid like a stone stuck or needing grease on the back of the pads surely the pads cant be gone already i heard they can last 20k miles or so? How much from a garage for the brake bleeding? pounds or euro dont matter pounds will give me a rough guide in euro. Also if i need new pads discs and the brakes bled how much all in all including labour?

I will ask them that tomorrow at the garage i cant honestly think what it is but when it happens so its so annoying its like a squeak/grind. But yeah if i need the new pads discs and the brakes bled how much roughly including labour? going to ask them to bleed the brakes anyway

Well i took it down to the garage guys. He said its proberly the indicator on the pads telling me to change them. He said its the scoring on the disc thats wearing them down faster than normal. Least i know now what it is

Well i took it down to the garage guys. He said its proberly the indicator on the pads telling me to change them. He said its the scoring on the disc thats wearing them down faster than normal. Least i know now what it is

Eh, what indicator would that be then?

Why don't you take the wheels off yourself and have a look?

Cheers

PD

this has been 5 pages of people responding tell you the same thing over and over again, let me conclude:

1) Take pads off put some copper grease on the back
2) Bleed the brakes
3) change the disc

Why do you ask here what is wrong on the forum, then insist of asking the garage what is wrong? Just tell the garage to do the list in the above order.

1) takes 10 mins
2) takes 30 mins
3) takes 30 mins

So depending on how much the garage will charge you, if you don't have the basic tools to do it yourself

Ming

The grinding sound being the metal backing coming thru telling me to change them. Ah im not that technical mate for a start i know i would balls it up so i always let the garage do it just hope its not to expensive before christmas

As the man says. There are a (very) few pad/disk combinations that will squeal when cold anyway, but all this junk about indicators makes me very suspicious. Generally the first indication of squealing is when the backing plates hit the disk, at which point it'll be new disk time. Pad and disk changes on these cars are both jobs anyone can do and both very cheap.

As the man says. There are a (very) few pad/disk combinations that will squeal when cold anyway, but all this junk about indicators makes me very suspicious. Generally the first indication of squealing is when the backing plates hit the disk, at which point it'll be new disk time. Pad and disk changes on these cars are both jobs anyone can do and both very cheap.

He had his pads changed a month ago, and only done 7000miles, is that not a bit too quick for the pads worn ?

Was actually a few months back now just seemed like only a month ago but was actually in early september they were changed. Yeah the pad indicators which tell you they are worn to the metal backing. Anyhoo i said if the discs are worn change the discs too

He had his pads changed a month ago, and only done 7000miles, is that not a bit too quick for the pads worn ?
my thoughts exactly! ive done HELL of a lot in my cento and the pads have LOADS of life left after a year.
As said if the metal backing toutched the disc its new disc time. (n) the mechanic is a nob if he thinks that the pads will wear the scoring from the disc.

Back