General Problems

Currently reading:
General Problems

Hmmmmm would the brakes squeal if the brake discs needed replacing?

I know there was some light scoring where i was using the pads after they started grinding but the mechanic said that would come off when i bedded the pads in and there would be nothing to worry about untill i needed to change the discs

Last edited:
In other words, noisy brakes aren't something to mess around with. If you hear that sound when you apply the brakes you need to check it out as soon as possible. It's better to be safe than sorry mate(y)

Na it goes when i apply the brakes its when im moving between 60kph and 80kph it happens then goes. Very rare it happens tho its starting to make me think its either road dirt, brake dust or abit of rust or something coming off

If you've done any hard braking you could have glazed over the rotor surface, just plain ordinary road dirt and dust can make them squeak. Humidity/moisture can cause a light surface rust on the rotor and cause them to squeak.

If you've done any hard braking you could have glazed over the rotor surface, just plain ordinary road dirt and dust can make them squeak. Humidity/moisture can cause a light surface rust on the rotor and cause them to squeak.

Is that normal under hard breaking glazing the rotor surface? Well the car is full of road grime and dirt no point washing it here in ireland as its just rain rain rain and mud and the only time its going to be nice is christmas but the car wash is shut lol. Should i just go and jet blast the wheels?

Yeah i will i mean they are filthy well the hubcaps are anyways full of muck. I will do this tomorrow and go gentle test the brakes out in a car park to dry them out see if this makes a difference what ya think? only thing ive cleaned off is the number plate so thats always visible

No chance its the tensioner in the timing belt is it? I mean it squeals only for a mile or 2 before going and only when i turn left. Anyhoo rain or not its going for a jetwash tomorrow lol

If you've done any hard braking you could have glazed over the rotor surface.
nice likely that. ive had my discs blue on the track plenty of times. never glazed. also glaze is usualy on the pads and if light pressure is applied for a long time.

umm anyone mentioned the pad springs. (the spring steel plate that holds them) then again when i got my car with them missing it just made more of an rattle as some speeds (usualy low)

Back