Problems with Punto Wiring

Currently reading:
Problems with Punto Wiring

jammyo2k

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought an N Reg Punto 55 S from a local auction and I'm having a bit of trouble with the radio casette player.

The problem is that out of the 2 plugs which fit into the back of the stereo (excluding the aerial) only one of them is attached to the car's electrics. I have 4 exposed wires (Red, Red/Black, yellow and black branching from the main bundle of wires (the rest of which go into the other plug).

I have an unattached plug with 6 wires leading from it (Blue/White, Black, Orange/white, Brown, yellow and red). All of these wires are exposed at the ends and I can't see a logical way that they would attach to the exposed wires leading from the car's electrics.

Both plugs have 8 holes into whichwires can be inserted, to be honest I'm not great on the technical side of radios and car electronics so I'm not surre how else to describe them.

I assume this was done to attach either an amp or extra speakers to the punto

I only have the Hayne's manual for the Punto as a means of reference and I don't have the exact model number and name of the radio/cassette player.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

Thanks

Jim

Back