Technical Problems with MK1 Lowering

Currently reading:
Technical Problems with MK1 Lowering

Want to mod a punto

Hi ya guys I finnaly recived my lowering kit and fitted it to my punto 60s. Every thing was great to begin with looked nice but then i took it out for a drive:( and could here a strange noise that sounds like it comes from springs as tough they are lose:eek: but have checked this and i know their not.
A friend of mine told me to check that all heat sheilds are securely fitted as one appered lose and this could be causing noise i was just about to check them but noticed when lifting bonnet that the top of the new strut sits higher than old one. I took old standard struts off and put new Gmax springs and struts on and put them on the same way i took old ones off was there something i was supposed to leave out as they sit higher in turret in bonnet area than they did origanaly or is this normal? What could the noise be? does anyone have any ideas? Thanx:worship:

This picture shows how hi they are sat hope you can all help....
Picture 1360.jpg
Picture 1361.jpg

Forgot to say as well i am still running on standard 13's till i fit my alloys 14's within next few days, but i am also getting a knocking noise when turning at low speeds and full lock i know its not CV joints as i have just replaced CV boots and joints are in good order could it just be the fact of still running on standard wheels and tracking needs doing????? HELP ME PLEASE :confused:

Hmmm now im really :confused: i changed the bump stops with new ones but no bearings that i am aware of on top of shocks unless im being thick:eek: but have noticed that under the large washer under nut there is a large metal bush? that sits up you can just see it in photo it was there on orig shocks as these are shorter struts should they now be used?

Back