Technical problems problems problems :confused:

Currently reading:
Technical problems problems problems :confused:

red_cinqo

im sorry if im asking 2 much from everyone but i have loads of questions 2 ask about my cinq!!!

1. lots of pressure when opening the fuel cap, also i can hear the pressure squaeling as i drive...
2. when starting the car i turn the ignition and sometimes the car begins to start then cuts out and then starts again (in one key turn)...
3. inconsistently overheats
4. oil splurges out of the engine breather hose (i mean lots of oil)

im grateful for everyones help and input :)

Could be head gasket time if there's water in the oil.

Pressure in the fuel tank - I get quite a bit but never heard it squealing when
driving !!

The overheating could be crud in the radiator, busted radiator or another
symptom of blown head gasket.

The starting then stopping then starting again - no idea but could possibly be
related to the fuel pressure?

Good luck

Are you sure that there is pressure in the fuel tank causing the squealing whilst driving. Sounds more like a belt needs tightening. I am having the same problem with mine. Seems to be in the cold weather.

no it isnt a belt screeching its a pressure deffo... i figured alot of problems wer due 2 head gasket so i am changing that this week!!!!
were is the fuel breather hose??????

1. try another fuel cap

2. Listen for fuel pump when starting the car

3. Head gasket likely or dodgy expansion tank cap

4. Clean breather once head gasket is fixed

5. Stay on here after you Cinq is fixed!

Liam

Fuel pump could be overfueling. This would cause pressure in the tank. Also when priming it may push too much fuel into engine which could cause it to cut out. Is it burning lots of fuel

yeh it has been guzzling lots of fuel, i was beginning 2 think that someone had stuck a v8 under their or somethin.. very happy 2 have found this site, its grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat... i love my cinqo, itll be even better when i get the engine sorted coz iv got loads of plans which include lots of euro styling..
thanks for the help
ps. are there any cinqo owners in the North West??????????

The pressure noise isn't coming from under the bonnet is it? Could be a build up of pressure in the water system due to the gasket problem. The stop start thing could be the gasket as well, pressure leaking from one cylinder into another. If the gasket is that far gone get the head pressure checked and skimmed, and lap the valves in incase of a high spot that will burn through.

Cheers

D

Alrite mate, I have a Cinq and am in NorthWest!!! Its stock like, not into modding it though as spend all my money on modding my other car.

rick_p said:
Alrite mate, I have a Cinq and am in NorthWest!!! Its stock like, not into modding it though as spend all my money on modding my other car.

alrite matey where abouts in the north west u from????

Back