Technical Problem with turn signal switch

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with turn signal switch

pgainf

Greetings!

I'm having a problem with the turn signal switch.
When I set it to the right, 60% of times it will not say there but jump to 'neutral' right away.

It is quite annoying.

I had a Panda Multijet before and sometimes it was like that also but only like 20%.

Any help would be great.
WD40 like spray did not help.

Cheers

When I set it to the right, 60% of times it will not say there but jump to 'neutral' right away.
You could try to get the "bonnet" of the stick out of its housing and let it "as is" above steering cover.
This bonnet (or bellows ?) has a spring effect that forces the stick to return to neutral.
That's what I did after installing the cruise control.

This is a common problem on the Stilo. As mentioned above, it is caused by the rubber gaiter around the base of the switch stalk. Reseating it in the steering column plastic shroud may cure it, or you may have to cut a small piece off of the rubber.

This is a common problem on the Stilo. As mentioned above, it is caused by the rubber gaiter around the base of the switch stalk. Reseating it in the steering column plastic shroud may cure it, or you may have to cut a small piece off of the rubber.

Do you have any advice on which part to cut? I have no problem doing this as it is damn near impossible for me to indicate left without holding it there. Roundabouts are a pain, I'm becoming more and more like a BMW driver each day... :D

Back