Problem updating and connecting bluetooth

Currently reading:
Problem updating and connecting bluetooth

Chrism86

Hi all,

I've bought a fiat 500 (2008) and tried to connect my phone with the Bluetooth but it doesn't connect. I've tried on android (samsung a50) and iPhone (7&11). They can find the blue&me when connecting but after entering the code it loads for a while and I get a message that it can't connect... I've also tried to update the blue and me version (to 5.5 /5.6) but when entering the USB in the car it says "update started", in the screen I get a message "updating" and then after a few minutes the messages dissappears and the radio starts playing. Then about 1 minute later it all starts over again with the messages update started... I waited for 20 minutes and no other messages than "updating" appears on the screen. It seems like the update isn't working. Any suggestions how to get this working and connect my phone with Bluetooth?

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Chris,

Cannot help you but ... where did you get the update files for the upgrade?

I've first used an alternative browser which still runs Flash: maxthon nitro. The proces starts with a configurator which should create an file on the USB disk while connected to the car. This didn't worked for me...

Alternative is you can go to this page and search the download link for your type of car: blueandme .net/ blueandme/Default.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en&page=support%5Cdownload

For instance the fiat 500; there is a code on the page which looks like:
<key>500</key>
<arrayKey>500,First Generation,Blue&Me,|6BF80</arrayKey>

(find the right version)

I few lines below that there is an url to the version I needed:
/resources/download/AGGIORNAMENTI/aggiornamenti_11052012/Aggiornamento_BlueMe_5.6_11.05.2012.zip

You have to add www. blueandme. net/ before that link

Hi Chris,

Firstly to those who have PM'd me awaiting me to send files sorry for the delay seem to be in a daily shop to Tesco for beer keeping a rowdy lot happy while watching football...............!!! I will get the individual car files downloaded and sent to you.

Chris first thing to do is make sure you have DELETED ALL and DELETED USERS in the cluster menu settings.

Usually when the files on the USB are rejected it is because you are already at a later level or the same level as what you are now trying to install. The BM files are not reversible or back date capable so just get ignored if attempted during update procedure.

I don't really do much with phones but have had all the same problems pairing up TomTom2's with same issues as you describe.

If you can do the initial upload of the test files to the car and get to the BMConfig file and let me have a copy I can see if it looks correct. If you are struggling doing this I can transfer to you the initial stage1 files required but you must place on a freshly formatted to FAT32 2GB memory stick. I have also found for reasons again I can't explain some memory sticks don't always work but the FAT32 is essential as some just default to FAT or NTFS. You will need to PM an email address to transfer over the files.

If your car will not accept the extraction of the BMconfig file then you may have another problem. it is essential to use a small 2GB flash memory drive and it must be formatted to FAT32, given the line code numbers you are quoting it does not appear you are at 2nd generation level software V10 but I have not done any older 2008 cars to know if these years will accept the very latest level software.

That said most of what you describe as failings I have found caused by too many old items been previously paired with the car and still in the BM module memory always trying to search for them.

One other thing I discovered too albeit not the correct process detailed on the blueandme.net site instructions for pairing, but you should try pairing with the engine running. Usually when driving along you would get ''these functions not available while driving'' but pairing up still seems to work with engine running. I have absolutely no idea why this works other than maybe it strengthens the bluetooth signal but I can confirm it has worked now several times for me when struggling finding Blue&Me process for pairing.

Got to go now and restock the bar for Sunday
worship.gif

Bye

Last edited:
Back