Technical Problem starting from cold, Brava 1.4

Currently reading:
Technical Problem starting from cold, Brava 1.4

Kuohu

Hi, apologies if this has been covered before. I have read the other threads about starting problems but I think I still need a little more help. Thanks in advance for any advice that is offered.

I bought my Brava (1.4S) on friday, private sale (sold as seen) and test drove it when it was warm. No problems there, was fine. The car started yesterday after a minute or so, but I just assumed it was a low batt and needed new plugs.

However the car will not start today at all. I have replaced the battery, and replaced the one spark plug that I can get at. (Need to borrow a socket extension to get at the others, will do this tomorrow). Turning the ignition will start the starter motor and this seems to run okay but the engine will not fire. On the dash, the indicator for (what I guess is) fuel injection is lit red whilst I am turning the starter motor over, but I don't know if this is always red before the engine has fired up anyway.

Are there any obvious things that I am missing? I don't have the owners manual and I'm not familiar with this engine.

Any luck on sorting your problem yet? Not being cheeky but your not pressing the accelerator are you when trying to start car?
When its cold does it turn over but not start for a while & when it does,does it run rough for few minutes?

Back