Problem, please help!

Currently reading:
Problem, please help!

I

iwan_canobi

Hi, ive got a slight problem, I noticed yesterday on my front passenger side wheel a lot of residue, it looks like oil or somethin all over the wheel, but it also is on the shocks and some other bits on the wheel. Im not that technical when it comes to these things, but my bro had a look and he reckons that my shock absorber has burst. I need to book it into a garage anyway as my radiator fan has stopped working, but is there anything else that could cause this? I remember goin over a bump the other day and it made quite a loud bump on the passenger side, but the drive doesnt feel any different, if the shock had burst would it not give a terrible drive? and if it has is it still safe to drive in the meantime? Any help would be appreciated! If it is the shocks then I'll have to kick myself, as I just sold the shocks i bought when i was going to lower the car, but i changed my mind as i thought it looked fine!

iwan_canobi

if it was the shock absorber that had gone it would just be a bit more bouncy on that corner, as far as you fan stop working check its got a voltage to it and work your way back possible hooking up the rad directly to see if it work, if it doesn't you've got your answer. if it does you'll have to replace the switch that controls it or the fuse

problem

How are your brakes?check the fluid in master cylinder, if it is low then more than likely a leak from the calipers or a brake pipe

check the cv boots at the hub end, could be one of those has gone and has chucked all of its grease evrywhere. does make quite a mess when driving as its turning at very high speed

Andy_sx