Technical problem marea- please help

Currently reading:
Technical problem marea- please help

horse

can anyone suggest a reason for following problem with marea 1.6 as Fiat cant - have had new fuel potentiometer and fiat recon ecu fitted (4 weeks in garage) and still giving trouble - cold starts fine. when fully warm starts fine if restart fairly quickly. however if when warm i leave it for say 1/2 hour will not start- often will idle very lumpily as long as i dont touch gas and if i leave it grumbling away for 2 mins will then pick up on throttle. this scenario is very consistent. also stuck in long traffic jam last night after flying up motorway. after 20 mins or so stop start, started to run lumpy- eventually cut out then had above restart problem. grateful for help as i donbt know what to do with it?

had a bravo that wouldn't start when hot, was diagnosed as a faulty crank sensor. Cambelt tensioner went before i could fix it thou, so cant confirm

cheers

smtvlive

Sounds an easy one to find to be honest, because its so repeatable, all the dealer needs to do is monitor the possible causes. If it was me then I would monitor fuel pressure with a guage, efi signals using examiner and ignition spark with a timing light. With all these together it should be easy to spot what is wrong.

Back