General problem after problem!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General problem after problem!!!!!!!!

went to check my car over as i have mot soon and want it to be ok (my firt mot). my dad found rust all over the sump and picked it all off and used a wire brush to brush the rest of and made a hole in the sump and oil in now leaking:eek: . i havnt got time to get a new sump and told that if i put a screw in the sump and cover it with special glue that it is ok. so we have done that and not a drip:worship: . then we find that my car is making a knocking noise and the rear engine mount rubber has gone:cry: . this is now going to cost me 20 pounds(n) just to get a rear engine mount rubber. then the radiator decides to leak so i am gettin some bars leak tommoz and try to stop that and then the brakes start to feel spungy so i have to sort them out. i have a dual exhaust coming which is universal and not sure if it will fit my car and i cant bare to think wat else is going to go wrong with this. can any one help me with what i can do to help some of these problems. im going crazy..........:bang:

The sump will ideally need to be changed once you've got the pass certificate...or in worst case scenario...been failed.
That'll cost about £70ish and a couple of hours to change it yourself. Putting a screw in works as a temporary fix...but the problem with rust is that it creeps and the hole with the screw in sudden gets a bit bigger.

£20 for an engine mount...that sucks....but it's a wear and tear problem so it has to be expected one day.

Does the rad definitely leak?...or is it a pipe that leaks but the coolant is running down to drip off the rad? If it is the rad leaking then you could either replace the rad for a new or reconned one....or get a second hand one from a scrappy...the scrappy option does run the risk of buying another leaker though.
I've had rads on other cars reconned for me in the past and they came back perfect.

Spongy brakes might just be paranoia on your part due to the other problems...however it'd be safer to check the brakes. Take a look at the condition of the pads...they may be getting thin.
I'd also check the level of brake fluid in the reservoir.

Finally...universal means just that...it fits anything. Unfortunately in my experience this means it fits everything...but doesn't fit ANYTHING well....so you might require a bit of work to get it to fit nicely...no real way round that except getting very matey with a local zorst fitter.

just changed my sump today was cleaning the silicone glue off till it was down to shiny metal for the new glue to stick to 1 hour or scraping and sanding and the surface was perfect so I got some brake cleaner to get most of the oil off to avoid another leak and some of it dripped into the hand lamp I was using and smashed the bulb which lit the brake cleaner and set light to my entire engine bay fortunately it went out rather quickly and didn't damage a thing

Back