Printer - recommendations???

Currently reading:
Printer - recommendations???

Looking at possibly getting a new printer. Print quality would have to be 110%.....proper dogs danglies stuff. And ideally the ink should be cheaper than the £30 a cartridge for this Dell !!! :eek:

I've had an Epson photo printer before which was quite good quality but never outstanding quality.

Anybody got any ideas?? Oh and one other thing, not got a massive budget either !! :)

Whats a small budget? For me that could be 500 quid... What do you need from it? Photo's? Speed? Multifunc?

Granted HP are more expencive than Epson but you get a new set of print heads with each new cartridge and you can ask around to see if you can get them re-filled.

Also if you want reliability dont use dodgy Ink refils. When i worked as a Home technician I lost count of the number of times people bodged up there printers using crap ink's. If you insist in using refils get the decent slight more expensive ones (still saves you money on the manufacturers ones). And yeah go for Epson. Usually more expensive to buy but cheaper down the line great quality too.

ChrisUK said:
Also if you want reliability dont use dodgy Ink refils. When i worked as a Home technician I lost count of the number of times people bodged up there printers using crap ink's. If you insist in using refils get the decent slight more expensive ones (still saves you money on the manufacturers ones). And yeah go for Epson. Usually more expensive to buy but cheaper down the line great quality too.

Check it says the refill is manufactured to the original spec. If your printer does knack up it is upto the manufacturer to prove that poor ink has damaged it. Then you go to the ink manufacturer and say "cash please"

I use Canon at home and at work - i990 here, and the S750 and i550s at work!

I use Inkrite cartridges on alll of them - never had any issues with them, pay just over £1 per cartridge from eBuyer :)

NB: I'm sure there cheaper online, but if you want one off the high street, i've listed some of the Argos ones on special offer. The R220 sold well today, as did the blow up Santa's.:)

Epson:
Epson R300 - 99.99
Epson R220 - 69.99 (Save £15) - good deal!
Epson DX4800 All In One - 99.99
Epson Stylus CX6600 All In One - 99.99

HP (expensive cart. though):
HP PhotoSmart 8050 - 99.99 (Save £30)
HP PhotoSmart 335 - 99.99 (Save £50)

NB: Remember you get your £5 voucher when you spend £50+ and £10 when you spend £100+ (vouchers are valid until the 31st August 2006 - your get a little stamp)

Hope this helps,

Matt

I've got a HP Color LaserJet 2550n
Quality is good, but a full set of cartridges, plus imaging drum costs around £400! :eek:
H

hmallett said:
I've got a HP Color LaserJet 2550n
Quality is good, but a full set of cartridges, plus imaging drum costs around £400! :eek:
H

I use a Minolta colour Laser and I just spent £250 on just the 3 high capacity colour toner cartridges. The black toner is about £65 and I have no idea how much a drum is. Having said that, the high capacity cartridges last for 6-8000 prints with a 30% coverage. When the toner warning light comes up it is best to ignore it as we have managed another 1000 prints so far since it came on.

Stuart DemonD said:
I use Canon at home and at work

I have a Canon at home (printer, not one that fires balls!), an i4000R or something that has wireless LAN built in. Best printer I've used, so a definate thumbs up for Canon (y)

if you're just printing letters and stuff that doesn't need colour get a laser... I bought a second hand one off ebay over year ago for £75 including a new toner and have printed over 10000 pages without needing a refil [toner]

otherwise epson ink jet printers are great for quality and cost of ownership. HP are over priced IMO.

Back