General Price of Cinqs

Currently reading:
General Price of Cinqs

Im wondering the price of cinq sportings..I didnt think they were collectible as there were so many around. Is it just cinq sportings that are collectible, and what sort of condition are they usually in, as I know they have the usual fiat probs like rust in rear wheel arches?

Thanks
Fozzy

Im wondering the price of cinq sportings..I didnt think they were collectible as there were so many around. Is it just cinq sportings that are collectible, and what sort of condition are they usually in, as I know they have the usual fiat probs like rust in rear wheel arches?

Thanks
Fozzy

There were a lot around 10 years ago.
Now there are not many.

When I got my Cinq there were well over 10000 in the UK, now under 1000.
:-(

Thanks
Fozzy

There aren't many around.

Howmanyleft shows around 500 (and falling about 10% per quarter). That's all Cinqs, not just sportings. If that continued at that rate, they'd be extinct from the road by around 2022.

In 2000 there were around 45,000.

Sportings are the more collectable but a clean, standard 899 will always be collectable too. Just wont reach quite the prices of a Sporting in the same condition IMO.

Condition wise, there's really now only 2 camps. "In need of saving" or "saved". They aren't cheap runarounds anymore, they are enthusiast cars. So you're either looking at one which has already been in that hands of one, kept, maintained and restored, or a totally neglected one. There's nothing in between. Truthfully, there's more bad than good out there now, hence why the good suddenly are being advertised at a huge premium.

The most common ailment is rust on the rear inner arches/boot floor seam which can spread up to the rear panel, mechanically head gasket failure is the most common one, clutch issues (thrust bearing mostly) tend to be the 2 reasons they get parked up.

Ah,,I bought my cinq sporting last year,, from someone who starting to improve it. I wasn’t looking for a cinq at the time, but the car I wanted I couldn’t have!..Ive done what the car needed but the previous owner didnt..Like rust in rear arches, under seal etc etc. All the things to stop the bodywork deteriorating.
Im more used to Pandas, so used to rust!, so not sure what affects cinqs and Sei’s..
I now have 4 cars, and probably going to have 5 soon, so have to decide which Has to go..To be sensible, Its either a panda 1242cc, (pandas are my first love) or the cinq...mmm I want to keep all of them, but funds/space dictate I really need to downsize.

Fozzy

There aren't many around.

Howmanyleft shows around 500 (and falling about 10% per quarter). That's all Cinqs, not just sportings. If that continued at that rate, they'd be extinct from the road by around 2022.

In 2000 there were around 45,000.

Sportings are the more collectable but a clean, standard 899 will always be collectable too. Just wont reach quite the prices of a Sporting in the same condition IMO.

Condition wise, there's really now only 2 camps. "In need of saving" or "saved". They aren't cheap runarounds anymore, they are enthusiast cars. So you're either looking at one which has already been in that hands of one, kept, maintained and restored, or a totally neglected one. There's nothing in between. Truthfully, there's more bad than good out there now, hence why the good suddenly are being advertised at a huge premium.

The most common ailment is rust on the rear inner arches/boot floor seam which can spread up to the rear panel, mechanically head gasket failure is the most common one, clutch issues (thrust bearing mostly) tend to be the 2 reasons they get parked up.

Just look at the absolute loooonatic prices being asked by people trying to sell "classic cars". I blame the classic car media for talking up prices over the last few years.

Back