Previosly modified = problems??

Currently reading:
Previosly modified = problems??

if i buy a car that once had an after-market thing added (in this case a turbo), and its removed and returned to standard, will it still affect my insurace as the car was previosly modified? :confused:

surely they can't charge me more if someone modified it before me, without my knowledge!

can i have a Assessor check it to prove its back to standard, basicaly go "LOOK!! No turbo!!" :chin:

ta

peet :D

As long as you can prove it's been demodified (in your case a bog standard 1108 instead of a high boost), then I don't see a problem :)

when they ask you "is the car modified from the standard spec" you answer "no" - unless you've still got the 'bo fitted.

If the car is back to standard, it doesn't really matter if it had a turbo on previously, or 15" wheels etc.,

You wouldn't have to prove it had been returned to standard, the only time you'd have trouble is if you told them it was standard and still had the blower.

chaos said:
As long as you can prove it's been demodified (in your case a bog standard 1108 instead of a high boost), then I don't see a problem :)

The reason I said this was just in case Pete got a quote off a company that has the car listed as a modified car on their database - they may want proof that the turbo had been removed :)

Back