General Pressure Sensing Valves - take care

Currently reading:
General Pressure Sensing Valves - take care

John_K

More feedback on these 'wonderful' pressure sensing valves.

The metal that the valve stems are made from seems quite fragile. I've managed to break the top off a valve while topping up the air pressure in my rear wheels (not because they were flat but I was going to be doing some heavy load carrying and wanted the tyres ready). It happened as I took the end of the pump off the valve (and didn't pull it away perfectly straight - rather than flexing as a normal valve stem would, this just snapped off!

Why they can't have rubberised stems on these valves is beyond me - I can think of no reason why they have to be made of metal, and the fact that they are seems to cause more problems than the valves would otherwise prevent!

The moral of this story - be very careful how you treat these valves!

John ;)

New Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD Eleganza, in blue, with options! :D

JK_Ulysse_back2sig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_frontsig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_backsig.jpg

hi my ulysse failed mot on sensing valve apparently the pin has come outof it im trying to locate one is there any special way to reconnect it once the old one has been removed thanks for your help

hi my ulysse failed mot on sensing valve apparently the pin has come outof it im trying to locate one is there any special way to reconnect it once the old one has been removed thanks for your help

I was worried about mine failing the MOT so I was able to disabled the error message using a Lexia 3 / PP2000

Hi mate
How did you do that I need to switch the tyre pressure sensor message of but I can't find out how I have lexia3/PP2000 but I can't find out how? Can you explain please.
Thanks
Mark

Back