General Press Car - 1985 Uno Turbo - to restore?

Currently reading:
General Press Car - 1985 Uno Turbo - to restore?

I suppose you're right about keeping the colour the same, its hard to see it looking shiny and clean especially as the paint is so bad. the previous owner had it parked near a building which was being sprayed with some cleaning fluid stuff, some landed on the car and dissolved the paint in a paint-stripper way so doesn't help!

the interior isn't bad but the seats are worn, i have some lancia delta recaros i want to retrim and fit. would love to find a roll of the original black and red logo'd seat material! head lining is worn and saggy, red carpet seems ok. alex i believe the earliest ones came with the 'turbo' decal, then late D/E reg ones had the stripey ones like in your pic. excellent idea thepottleflump bout taking a copy of the decal!

best start saving up for this, i'm expecting at least £500 on rebuildingthe engine, hopefully can get away with just new piston rings but maybe new pistons if its too worn (no idea where i'm gonna get those..) crank regrind, bearings and gaskets; staying with original colour means only an exterior respray + new panels, maybe £1500 ish, then there's mechanical bits like brakes, suspension, exhaust, gearbox rebuild.....aarrgghh!!

It does look very 'unmessed' with, so it would be good if you managed to put it back on the road. Panels seem quite easy to come by, rear panels, wings bonnets should not be a problem. Good luck with it! I have poured money into my '88 mk 1, and although I know I will never get it all back in money, I definately get it back in enjoyment!!

Attachments

• uno_Turbomk1 006.jpg
    uno_Turbomk1 006.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 32
that looks sooo clean unoracer, nice one!!!

Biz it was used occasionally by this proper rich australian guy and looks to have been well stored, think its last tax disc was '98 or something, its been standing for quite some time. although the other day i replaced the injectors and fixed the fuel pump relay and it fired up and ran perfectly! oil pressure looked a bit low tho but the oil filter was loose, puddle under the car... I like to do things properly so would prob overhaul everything.

Did monster buy that uno? a B plate wow, oldest i have ever seen is a e reg.
Mine is the only uno turbo round where i live, i have never seen a mk2 turbo round ere neither...
WOW a B- reg amazing :worship:

Back