South Coast
Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Pre Christmas southern coastal cruze

The "Manda" Guys from the classic Panda section have proposed a meet up before christmas. Favoured date so far is the 13th of December, a Sunday. If this changes i'll update this.​

Proposed route. Meet at Birling Gap, just down the hill from the Belle Tout lighthouse, Beachy Head at say 11-11.30. Tea, coffee and biscuits to warm us up before setting off.​

Beachy Head . . . Eastbourne . . . Bexhill-On-Sea . . . Hastings, ending at the 'Grand designs' house in Pett Level/Winchelsea.​

General chat is taking place in the thread below, although if mods would like it in the general chat bit then please move it so it's still linked in CP.​

Event is open to all, not just for the Panda guys.​

Please add yourself and any passengers so we know how many to expect.​

NOTE: If any one has a CB radio, bring it! a few os us will have them and i'm sure they'll be in use.​

First one home?

Bit of traffic approaching the junction of the m23 on the m25 but otherwise a good trip back. my arse is aching like hell though!!

Oh and i managed to get mud up the inside of the door and on the seat! WTF!? She looks filthy now though, cant imagine what james' will look like

I will take pictures tomorrow in good light. Its never been so dirty, it's amazing lol

twas a chilly morning at birling gap, when we arrived late.....sorry, everyone was freezing their nuts, and whatever you have when you don't have nuts, off.
P1090249.JPG

right next to the carpark, a sheer drop, that's creeping ever closer to take the place down to oblivion...
P1090251.JPG

P1090250.JPG

of course as a mod, i had to prove that although walking on water was tricky, i could at least levitate on it.....
P1090275.JPG

and so on we wet, eastwards along the coast to a pebbly beachy bit, where someone had the idea of a photo shoot, which ended in the disaster of both james and i dug out wheels in to the deceptively shifty ground, and ended up being pushed out, i earned a glower from the mrs, and james proceed to demonstrate how to get most of the beach out of his car at 50mph, whilst his car shook like a ****ting dog!!! course there's always that one stone that never comes out easy........
P1090331.JPG

P1090333.JPG

the convoy down to the smugglers arms pub was great, the looks as a row of 8 pandas, new/old, 2wd/4wd, and all the colours was so cool, i think we got some genuine love out there!!
P1090305.JPG

lunch was a mountain of meat and veg.......ay photos, i was too busy eating, after which i was called upon by the gathered to present young john/MEP with an award for the dubious honour of...well not quite getting it right:p
https://www.fiatforum.com/polling-station/217862-panda-idiot-year-vote.html

which he won by a landslide(y) however it appears he is now exempt from such japes, and i have placed myself in the running now.....bugger.....

anyways, onwards to the east, to the "grand designs" sugar cube house, short stop for a bracing walk along the promonade, and time to see a very cool rainbow do its thing....
P1090336.JPG

P1090348.JPG

P1090354.JPG

and finally the last push on towards lydd, a final gathering and photocall in the gathering gloom:
P1090366.JPG

P1090378.JPG

P1090384.JPG

now, somewhere along the line, i might have said "oh, do that arseing about in the puddles again.......see what i mean about panda idiot of the year? videos to follow on youtube!!!

in the meantime, thanks to all that made it, was a great day out(y)

Love the video's.

I think all the Panda's won a few hearts today whilst whizzing about in convoy.

BIG thanks to everyone for turning up and making it the great day it was.

Back