practical test

Currently reading:
practical test

charmed103

hey now I have passed my theory my instructor is keen for me to book my practical as she thinks I am ready but i dont think i am!, maybe its because my confidence in myself is about a minus 50 LOL! but ah well, thats a whole other thread LOL, but my question is do you know when your ready????

I know I am passive sometimes in my driving and i know i need to develop a bit more of a backbone so any hints or tips welcome, the stuipd thing is I LOVE DRIVING, the freedom etc that comes with it, so why do i hold back???

thanks in advance,

charmed

You hold back because you are still inexperienced and not stupid. ;)
You might know you are ready you might not. Sorry I can't be more helpful but everyone is different. I thought I was ready weeks before my test doesn't mean I was. :)

You hold back because you are still inexperienced and not stupid. ;)
You might know you are ready you might not. Sorry I can't be more helpful but everyone is different. I thought I was ready weeks before my test doesn't mean I was. :)

not at all, any help is welcome!

your instructor will be the best judge of when
I disagree. I believe you know when your ready. You know yourself better than your instructor does.

What I do believe however is that a lot of people are either over confident and aren't ready and some ppl could fly through it but havn't got enough confidence to try.

Just have a think and if you can drive at the limit and safely enough and you can hit your manouvres 95% of the time (not 100% because even ppl who have passed years ago still need 2-3 attempts sometimes) then go for it.

At the end of the day its ur decision but what I will say is when I took mine it was nowhere near as daunting as I expected. Just felt like another lesson.

Good luck either way (y)

my question is do you know when your ready????
i think your instructor is the one to make that decision, they have plenty of experience in that area, you do not. they know what standard of driving is required to pass, you dont. if you can trust your instructor to not be a money making scammer then they will tell you when you are ready, they have nothing to gain from putting you through your test before you are ready so why would they lie?

I disagree. I believe you know when your ready. You know yourself better than your instructor does.

What I do believe however is that a lot of people are either over confident and aren't ready and some ppl could fly through it but havn't got enough confidence to try.

Just have a think and if you can drive at the limit and safely enough and you can hit your manouvres 95% of the time (not 100% because even ppl who have passed years ago still need 2-3 attempts sometimes) then go for it.

At the end of the day its ur decision but what I will say is when I took mine it was nowhere near as daunting as I expected. Just felt like another lesson.

Good luck either way (y)

I think they need to change how the manouvering thing works.

The 2m rule for parallel parking is a joke, and as a result, MOST people I know cannot parallel park in a gap just a bit bigger then they're car.

Reversing round a corner is easy enough... Bay parking is a piece of ****, its just the parallel parking thing what annoys me.

Well my instructor told me when he thought i was ready for my test, and it just felt like i was doing another lesson when i did it.

But i would say it should be discussed with your instructor, maybe take a few extra lessons.

I hate parallel parkin, and i havent done it since i passed my test over 1 year ago

I hate parallel parkin, and i havent done it since i passed my test over 1 year ago

Why? its the most common manouver I ever do, and once perfected is easy.
It also proves my point on the parallel parking thing.

i never parallel park, parking near other cars, a kurb or on the roadside are all on my list of risks not worth taking so i'll never be in a situaiton where i need to parallel park, but if i needed to i do know how to.

Why? its the most common manouver I ever do, and once perfected is easy.
It also proves my point on the parallel parking thing.

i suppose but, i wasn't to great at it when learning, and i did block the roadone day on my lessons and lost all my nerve while driving. So i only ever did it in my test and then never again

i never parallel park, parking near other cars, a kurb or on the roadside are all on my list of risks not worth taking so i'll never be in a situaiton where i need to parallel park, but if i needed to i do know how to.

Just never park your car then.... you best avoid car parks, roadside parking at a friends houses, or hell, just walk.

:rolleyes:

it may take me half an hour to find a parking space, and that space may be a mile from where i want to be, but at least i dont have to worry about dents from fat people opening doors. :)

i cant help having dent issues, its a disease ok :p

it may take me half an hour to find a parking space, and that space may be a mile from where i want to be, but at least i dont have to worry about dents from fat people opening doors. :)

Slightly paranoid, but whatever floats your boat (y)

Just wondered if there was an update?

You taken your test yet?

*not surprised a cinq owner declares parralel parking easy*...if you can't parralel park a car that is 8ft long max has a stubby bonnet and a vertical back then you shouldn't be driving ;) hope OP passed.

good luck :)

i took mine 4 times :eek: as everyone on here well knows to be honest i got really nervy and scared when i was doing it and thats why i failed so many times, kept on panicing, last time i went with a diff mind set, like 'i'll show em, think i cant drive, bah!' and stuck to it when i got nervy and then i passed :)

hope it goes well anyway, just dont panic :D

Back