Practical Performance Cars £999 Challenge.

Currently reading:

Posted by Jai
York Raceway
Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Think there were a few people pushing the £999 limit.

It rained. Then it rained more. Had to keep adjusting the track so the cars could do the 1/4 mile in under the 30 seconds that the timing software could handle.

Jai's best time was 29.4, think the best time out of all was 25.something.

full update and photos to follow, but here's the good stuff:

slalom: 29.44 secs
1/4 mile: 16.38 secs
0-60mph: 8.43 secs

overall combined time: 54.27 secs

out of 34 runners, came 27th overall.

now the excuses:p
i was very very very slow to react to what was a very odd starting light system. bit of slack in the clutch, over cooked slightly, then massively on 2 runs in the slalom. didn't listen to damon, and slightly drop tyre pressures on the strip. as rob says, there was a lot of "dubious" metal out there, possibly some creative accountig.... japanese metal was very popular, as was rover.....

any way despite the weather being a pain in the ass, had a great day. big thanks to rob, sarah and little james for the support!

P1040303.JPG

massive thanks again to chas for helping me prep the car, bot to make it there and back without a hiccup, and to endure my hamfisted attempts at hurling down a track, sideways in one case:eek:, time and again......

i'm very happy with the results, one of the smallest engined cars there, i think only the rapide and a very stripped out polo and 205 were smaller....

i decided to get "stigged up"
P1040230.JPG

slalom was a soaker:
P1040287.JPG

P1040287.JPG

v8 starlet was quick..
P10403331.JPG

mr2 was insane:
P10403501.JPG

tdi was brutal.....
P1040377.JPG

i've been a lazy lad.....not had a chance to edit, but.........the new PPC mag is out and "tippex", "the quick white one" made the "meet the contenders" pages....:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

only a little box out on page 31, but....there is a photo and you can see the FF magnetic clearly!!!!

cheers gaz and dave, told you it would be in there!!!

as you will see in the article, there was a lot of heavy duty machinery, japanese and german metal dominated, some owners may have been a bit........creative......with the accounting:p

but was a great day out

the full report is in next months

i'm well chuffed:D

Back