Tuning powerflow exhaust on my hgt...

Currently reading:
Tuning powerflow exhaust on my hgt...

i can get hold of a powerflow exhaust for my hgt..thing is are thay any good for the hgt. also.....

has anoy one have on of these..or any one no if thay are any good...

cheers thanks......oh it the full system right up to cat...

The Peco twin outlet on mine cost the owner £300 plus fitting. For £65 you cant go wrong. But I cant see it giving any performance gain - the standard manifold is too short to give any pulse tuning and its got 2 precats to clog everything up.

That said, when you can get a full cat forward sports manifold it will be worth having the powerflow.

Best not to butcher the original system just in case the Powerflow is too noisy.

You might need an adaptor to suit the cat outlet. IIRC, mine has a flange that simply bolts onto the cat outlet. You'll have to get under and have a look.

The performance manifold can be added later probably with a performance cat to suit. Junking those precats has to be good, but I have no idea what has to be done with the two front Lambda sensors.

You cannot legally remove the main cat and anyway the engine is not designed to run without a cat. But the issue is the precats that bung up the manifold. Taking out the precat "plug" should improve power and fuel consumption, but only with header pipes of the correct tuned length. Simply decating the precats wont be a good idea. The other issue is how to disable the precat O2 sensors.

Someone needs to talk to the Alfa guys. The HGT is after all a barely changed 1.8TS

Back